Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2016, 09:25 PM   #1
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
@Iowa State

I know its early and I don't mean to disrespect Lipscomb, but can we start talking about Iowa State and what a huge huge game it is for us.

They have 2 players (who actually Play) over 6'7 and generally run 4 guys under 6'5.

I feel like we can beat them and they barely beat Indiana state.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:45 PM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Good game tomorrow against Miami-FL in Orlando. Canes have good size and are physical. Let's see how Iowa State handles that.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:06 PM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
We'll probably play really tight and try to make it gross. We might win, we might not. I'd guess not.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #4
RedlegZdid
Banned

RedlegZdid is on a distinguished road
They barely beat indiana state true but they scored 130 in regulation in a game last week.
RedlegZdid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:08 PM   #5
GoCats88
Banned

GoCats88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegZdid View Post
They barely beat indiana state true but they scored 130 in regulation in a game last week.
But look with the stats of the team they played, terrible team that's just runs and runs, just played their game a lot better than them, wouldn't do anything near that against anyone else
GoCats88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:51 AM   #6
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Their top 4 scorers and 5 of the top 6 are seniors. They only start one guy over 6'5". It's a veteran team that probably runs, runs, runs with their small guys. Should be an interesting matchup. Our guys have a tendency to leave their man and play help defense a lot. This type of team might really exploit that. I look for Mick to really try to slow the pace of this game down and take them out of their comfort zone. We'll probably be very lucky to come away with a victory.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #7
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Their top 4 scorers and 5 of the top 6 are seniors. They only start one guy over 6'5". It's a veteran team that probably runs, runs, runs with their small guys. Should be an interesting matchup. Our guys have a tendency to leave their man and play help defense a lot. This type of team might really exploit that. I look for Mick to really try to slow the pace of this game down and take them out of their comfort zone. We'll probably be very lucky to come away with a victory.
I personally disagree. We have a more versatile and quicker team this year. Should be able to guard them fine. We also have a big size advantage. Yeah, there will be defense collapses but I don't see us struggling to score on them.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #8
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
They look pretty good against Miami right now, up 8 with 12 to go.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #9
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Their big guy is foul prone...already fouled out with 9 minutes to go. Will be interesting to see what answer they have defensively for Washington. This will be a difficult defensive matchup for Caupain because of their quickness. As bad as it sounds, I think KJ is going to get a lot of minutes defending Morris. Their perimeter quickness will give us problems.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #10
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I hope they win. I want them undefeated for next Thursday.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote