BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Memphis Round 2 (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12463)

justinhub2003 02-11-2020 01:41 PM

Memphis Round 2

Memphis is desperate.

This will be a badly needed win for them, so I expect a expect an all war from the tigers

But were desperate too and we need a win just as bad.

Bearcats win

Bcatfollower 02-11-2020 02:45 PM

Is Memphis currently projected in the field?

sedziobs 02-11-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bcatfollower (Post 205982)
Is Memphis currently projected in the field?

They are in 26 of 91 brackets. This is a very important bubble game.

Queens_NYC 02-11-2020 08:13 PM

According to Penny, Precious didn't practice today and will likely be a game time decision come Thursday.

Without him, I think we could win a blowout, and even with him playing, I think we can beat them by double digits. DJ Jeffries will still be out.

They had a healthy roster against Tulsa a few weeks ago and still lost by an embarrassing 40 point margin.

If we can get up on them early, they'll resort to hero ball, and I don't think they make a fraction of those ridiculous deep shots at Fifth Third that they made at FedEx.

cincrulz11 02-12-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens_NYC (Post 205986)
According to Penny, Precious didn't practice today and will likely be a game time decision come Thursday.

yeah yeah same thing before last game

justinhub2003 02-12-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincrulz11 (Post 205988)
yeah yeah same thing before last game

Yep. Precious is playing.

He’s BSing

waterhead 02-12-2020 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens_NYC (Post 205986)

Without him, I think we could win a blowout, and even with him playing, I think we can beat them by double digits. DJ Jeffries will still be out.

They had a healthy roster against Tulsa a few weeks ago and still lost by an embarrassing 40 point margin.

If we can get up on them early, they'll resort to hero ball, and I don't think they make a fraction of those ridiculous deep shots at Fifth Third that they made at FedEx.

We need a slightly different game plan. If we want to go into the lane that's fine but we need to be ready to dish, kick out or use the reverse side of the rim. They packed our lunch and then ate it. This is a tough match up for us. They protect the rim and the 3 ball. We don't score well if we have to shoot 2 pt jumpers. I hope we learned a thing or two...

cincyalum2014 02-12-2020 02:48 PM

Will be a little different at Fifth Third, I expect the crowd to be rocking (Hopefully Fickell is there) , we need to take the next 4 going into a big road game at Houston... but as they say one at a time, I think we take care of business tomorrow night.

Queens_NYC 02-12-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 205990)
Yep. Precious is playing.

He’s BSing

He will likely play but he will be much more banged up than the last time we faced him.

He missed the last 5 minutes of the USF game after taking a bad fall and suffering what was assumed to be a hip pointer.

On top of that, he was already having one of his worst games of the year and some Memphis fans were saying he had missed practices leading up to the USF game with other ailments.

Not saying we should overlook Memphis because of this, but rather gain confidence that this is a battered team we can exploit with the right gameplan and max effort.

waterhead 02-12-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens_NYC (Post 206002)
He will likely play but he will be much more banged up than the last time we faced him.

He missed the last 5 minutes of the USF game after taking a bad fall and suffering what was assumed to be a hip pointer.

On top of that, he was already having one of his worst games of the year and some Memphis fans were saying he had missed practices leading up to the USF game with other ailments.

Not saying we should overlook Memphis because of this, but rather gain confidence that this is a battered team we can exploit with the right gameplan and max effort.

Jarron has been in a walking boot after every game. If Precious can step on the floor I assume he will be fine. We don't put JC on the injured list every game...what a joke