BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tulane (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12214)

Queens_NYC 01-01-2019 11:41 AM

Tulane

Wed. Jan. 2, 2019 / 6:30 p.m.
Fifth Third Arena
CBS SN

The Bearcats open the new year and AAC play with Tulane who have gotten off to the most disappointing start of any team in the AAC. The 4-8 Green Wave are currently ranked 270th in KenPom and 291st in NET, and boast one of the most embarrassing losses in recent AAC history when they lost to winless Alabama A&M in their most recent match-up.

Tulane has been without their starting point guard, Ray Ona Embo, due to a lingering injury and have had to replace his production with an array of young players. Of Tulane's 10 rotation players, 7 are underclassmen.

This should hopefully be a 20+ point win.

GarradJ21 01-02-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens_NYC (Post 193847)
Wed. Jan. 2, 2019 / 6:30 p.m.
Fifth Third Arena
CBS SN

The Bearcats open the new year and AAC play with Tulane who have gotten off to the most disappointing start of any team in the AAC. The 4-8 Green Wave are currently ranked 270th in KenPom and 291st in NET, and boast one of the most embarrassing losses in recent AAC history when they lost to winless Alabama A&M in their most recent match-up.

Tulane has been without their starting point guard, Ray Ona Embo, due to a lingering injury and have had to replace his production with an array of young players. Of Tulane's 10 rotation players, 7 are underclassmen.

This should hopefully be a 20+ point win.

Feels good to be back tonight. Seeing we are around a 22 point favorite. Lets pad the stats and see some guys that have been cold like Cane drain some 3s

mdchick 01-02-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 193850)
Feels good to be back tonight. Seeing we are around a 22 point favorite. Lets pad the stats and see some guys that have been cold like Cane drain some 3s

Hopefully the break was good for cane, we need him in conference play

Robert 01-02-2019 12:23 PM

Always hard to predict what will happen coming off a long layoff, but I have a good feeling our guys will come out focused and ready to play after the lackluster end to the non-conference season. I think we easily cover the spread tonight.

waterhead 01-02-2019 02:43 PM

Hey it’s a conference game... we better come with some energy. Fans don’t want to watch a lethargic game after a long break.

Keep the pedal down the whole game too so we can get some bench guys in

cincrulz11 01-02-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 193852)
Always hard to predict what will happen coming off a long layoff, but I have a good feeling our guys will come out focused and ready to play after the lackluster end to the non-conference season. I think we easily cover the spread tonight.

im glad this game is against Tulane and not somebody that could hurt us. Maybe I'm losing my memory but I feel like this is one of the longest layoffs we've had in a while.

Queens_NYC 01-02-2019 05:49 PM

Guards playing phenomenal early on. Big men looking eh.

cincycpaw 01-02-2019 05:55 PM

Welcome back Cane Broome

Mcginnjw 01-02-2019 05:57 PM

We are on fire

mdchick 01-02-2019 06:01 PM

Scott doesn’t look great besides that everyone else is doing great, defensively not great though