BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Potential Coaching Candidates (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12521)

KennyFreaselefteye 02-16-2021 10:11 PM

Potential Coaching Candidates

Not ready to surrender and call the Brannen hire a dud yet, but it’s becoming hard to support him. Inherited a really good situation and has struggled to get his players to consistently play hard, close out games and wisely balance scholly positions (IE- Centers) or lack there of.

If he were to go, I believe we have a home run hire in our backyard. A.W Hamilton, Head Coach at Eastern Kentucky. He’s a Georgetown native, so he knows the area. He was Head Coach at Hargrave Military and has helped produce the likes of Montrez Harrell and Terry Rozier.

The guy is a hustler. Everything Brannen isn’t, Hamilton is. The guy is full of energy and his teams rub off on him. They play harder than everyone and he coaches like a maniac. Full court press all game. They’re tough and they run. The style would be a match made in heaven and his personality would be a hit. He’s going to be big time. Also, his team is 17-5 this year and doing better than just about any EKU team in history. Look him up and start the chatter if JB doesn’t clean it up soon.

TheLivingLegend 02-17-2021 07:33 AM

Hi Mr Hamilton. It's nice to meet you.

cincyguy13 02-22-2021 03:33 PM

To late to get mr. Hamilton back on here?

KennyFreaselefteye 02-22-2021 04:38 PM

He’s 90 minutes up the road. It’s him or Pitino as slam dunk hires. I get trying to give Brannen a fair chance, but the body language of his teams alone just don’t get it done for me. Hope I’m wrong.

justinhub2003 02-23-2021 10:44 AM

Or John Beilein... he’s 68, maybe we get him for 5-6 years and he grooms an assistant to take over?

cincyguy13 02-23-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 211857)
Or John Beilein... he’s 68, maybe we get him for 5-6 years and he grooms an assistant to take over?

I’d love John beilein

Queens_NYC 02-23-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 211857)

I'd take him tomorrow but there's no way he'd be interested in a program like ours when he can take his pick of nearly any open high major position in the country.

cincyguy13 02-23-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens_NYC (Post 211861)
I'd take him tomorrow but there's no way he'd be interested in a program like ours when he can take his pick of nearly any open high major position in the country.

I don’t know if he can go wherever he wants, he is 68 years old.

skyblade 02-23-2021 04:12 PM

We could go back to the local, Horizon league well and hit up Scott Nagy at Wright State.

sedziobs 02-23-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblade (Post 211870)
We could go back to the local, Horizon league well and hit up Scott Nagy at Wright State.

I've been on this train since Cronin left. But admittedly it's just based on past performance. I don't know much about him or any connections. There's probably some reason no major program has snatched him.