BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2022-2023 Schedule (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12607)

sirthought 06-28-2022 11:05 PM

2022-2023 Schedule

Does anyone have info on what the non-conference schedule might be?
I'm not dialed into any of that this year yet.

Looking forward...The Big East currently has a contract with the Big 12 for annual matchups. I wonder if that will just be the crosstown shootout to start? I don't know that the current conference agreement lasts much longer, so something could potentially impact the rivalry.

I heard Sean Miller say crosstown was an important game, but we know that might change once we're in the Big 12 and they want the chance to play other conference members as well as UC. Total speculation at this point, I know.

sedziobs 06-30-2022 03:14 PM

We're in the Maui invitational this year, first time since 2009 I believe. It's a stacked field with Arkansas, Arizona, Creighton, Louisville, Ohio St, San Diego St, and Texas Tech. Apparently Chaminade has been kicked out of their own tournament.

Queens_NYC 06-30-2022 07:29 PM

Bryant and NJIT will both be coming to town.

sirthought 07-15-2022 02:49 PM

More info:

Home and Away
Central Florida
East Carolina
Houston
Memphis
South Florida
SMU
Temple
Tulane

Home
Tulsa
Xavier
Bryant
NJIT

Away
Wichita State
Maui

sedziobs 08-25-2022 11:16 AM

Non-con schedule is out

Chaminade (non-D1)
Cleveland St
Eastern Kentucky
@NKU
Maui Invitational (Arizona, then Ohio St/San Diego St, then final)
NJIT
Bryant
X
Miami
LaSalle
Detroit

sedziobs 08-25-2022 11:31 AM

No SWAC games this year, typically we've had a couple. If we can't get more Q1/2 games, I would rather fill the schedule with very easy games than 100-200 opponents, which can be landmines like Monmouth last year. The three games in Maui and the home game against X are probably the only Q1/2 games on this schedule. There are several games against ok teams that present a risk but no reward (Cleveland St, @NKU, Bryant were top 200 Kenpom last year).

sirthought 08-26-2022 12:37 PM

3 Horizon League
2 American East Conference
1 MAC
1 A10
1 Big East
1 Pac 12
1 either Big 10 or Mountain West
1 either Big 12, AAC, SEC, or Big East

A lighter schedule due to Miller trying to build up the team, but I'm still surprised we have 2 AEC and 3 Horizon schools in the same season. So many other options.

Built-ins with Miami and Xavier and NKU. Heavy lifting from the tournament.

Poor teams in Eastern KY, La Salle, Miami, NJIT, and Detroit.

Xavier, Bryant, and NKU were decent overall. Bryant lost in the first four.

OSU, SDSU, Arizona were NCAA tournament teams. Creighton would be great on the schedule

sirthought 09-21-2022 05:23 PM

Some schedule thoughts:

Will one true road game (NKU) and three neutral game sites (Maui) be enough to prepare these guys for road environments once the conference schedule begins?

I'm noticing two 9 p.m. games on a Wed and Thur. Not great for a good turnout, especially against Tulane and East Carolina. Arrrg!

Also, a couple of Sunday home games competing with Bengals. Not sure how much interest there is in EKY and Bryant anyhow, but I'm guessing they want the stands full. No TV listing for those games, so not sure we can blame the networks.

Six ESPN+ games. Let's hope we see less of that with the Big 12.

justinhub2003 09-26-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirthought (Post 218287)
Some schedule thoughts:

Will one true road game (NKU) and three neutral game sites (Maui) be enough to prepare these guys for road environments once the conference schedule begins?

I'm noticing two 9 p.m. games on a Wed and Thur. Not great for a good turnout, especially against Tulane and East Carolina. Arrrg!

Also, a couple of Sunday home games competing with Bengals. Not sure how much interest there is in EKY and Bryant anyhow, but I'm guessing they want the stands full. No TV listing for those games, so not sure we can blame the networks.

Six ESPN+ games. Let's hope we see less of that with the Big 12.

Let’s be real, NKU won’t even be a true road game. I bet it’s half and half at minimum.

I’m very disappointed in the schedule, mostly from a season ticket holder perspective. But it is what it is.

A D2 to start the year followed by a noon weekday game, it’s almost like we’re trying have bad fan turnouts. I’m confident this years attendance will be the worst it’s been since the renovation, which is a shame.

But not the players fault and I’ll still at every single game