BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Football (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Gameday (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12145)

Alum2013 11-18-2018 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrugby (Post 192405)
can we find another kicker?

Seems to be a problem every year. UC could have easily been in this game if not for 3 or 4 trips to the redzone with 0 points.

WAITE HOYT 2 11-18-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alum2013 (Post 192407)
Seems to be a problem every year. UC could have easily been in this game if not for 3 or 4 trips to the redzone with 0 points.

I agree with a better kicker the game would have been more competitive for sure. That said, I do believe the better team won this one. Especially considering they had home field as well. If we finish with a win against ECU it will still be a very nice season coming off a 4-8 one. Really excited about the direction we are heading.

david aka the TYZ 11-18-2018 09:49 AM

I really liked our chances at the upset. Looking at their results all year I thought we were primed to upset them. But they showed they were the better team. They killed our O line. What a great atmosphere there too. Sucks we laid an egg in the biggest spotlight, but at least we got a glimpse of what we can become.

Alum2013 11-18-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 (Post 192411)
I agree with a better kicker the game would have been more competitive for sure. That said, I do believe the better team won this one. Especially considering they had home field as well. If we finish with a win against ECU it will still be a very nice season coming off a 4-8 one. Really excited about the direction we are heading.

They definitely were the better team. Would have been nice having it be a one score or tie game though at half instead of being down like 15.

Garybearcat 11-18-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrugby (Post 192405)
can we find another kicker?

Kicker cost us 14 points in first half
(1) missed extra point
(3) missed easy goal
(3) missed easy field goal
(7) kick was so low it was blocked and led to TD
Total 14 points
This completely put us in huge hole.

Lawrugby 11-19-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garybearcat (Post 192414)
Kicker cost us 14 points in first half
(1) missed extra point
(3) missed easy goal
(3) missed easy field goal
(7) kick was so low it was blocked and led to TD
Total 14 points
This completely put us in huge hole.

I think he only missed two field goals including the block. And then the extra point on top of that so I think it was seven points max. Not to say I wouldn’t replace him

Jon Rycek 11-25-2018 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrugby (Post 192430)
I think he only missed two field goals including the block. And then the extra point on top of that so I think it was seven points max. Not to say I wouldn’t replace him

That’s 11 points..