BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   GUYS LIKE KENYON (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12330)

M64W 04-15-2019 08:51 AM

GUYS LIKE KENYON

Help me understand guys like Kenyon Martin. I loved him when he played, as with NVE, Terry Nelson etc. I understand that they were pulling for NVE, but in reality what do these guys know about all the duties of the head coach, the lack of experience by some, the fit with the players, recruiting and the multiple tasks (speaking engagements, soliciting support etc.) Why can't they throw their support behind the new coach? It is about the University not the person.

TheLivingLegend 04-15-2019 11:43 AM

Kenyon was going to sound off on anything but NVE. He's always looked for a reason to bash.

I suspect some tunes change in time. But that initial reaction is unwarranted and unfortunately damaging to public image

Uclawrugby 04-15-2019 02:42 PM

If you don’t think KMart has not earned the right to his opinion about anything UC basketball related then... I will refrain. People love to discount the player opinion I think to their ultimate detriment. I don’t even know what he said but whatever it is he has earned the right to say it and until your Jersey hangs from the rafters you do not count as much. BTW he was right about how they handled Huggins which is the last time I am aware of that he expresse frustration with the program. We should be glad he cares.

cincycpaw 04-15-2019 02:47 PM

Yeah and I think his initial post was misunderstood. He was not happy that NVE didn’t get an interview I think.

He never said anything bad about the new coach.

TheRealMick 04-15-2019 02:57 PM

Yes he was speaking on the process ONLY! Undertones I got from former players is that "no black coaches was interviewed"! This is major problem if true.

M64W 04-15-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealMick (Post 198131)
Yes he was speaking on the process ONLY! Undertones I got from former players is that "no black coaches was interviewed"! This is major problem if true.

Undertones I got from fans is that there are no white players on scholarship!

Alum2013 04-15-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M64W (Post 198133)
Undertones I got from fans is that there are no white players on scholarship!

I for one have stated multiple times I don't think Cronin really looks at the fundamentally sound knock down shooter white guy that alot of other programs do.

I also agree that UC was lazy for not even bringing anyone else in for an interview if not just to learn about ways other people view the program and improvements they see possible.

Gocats 04-15-2019 06:06 PM

I recall Kmart saying he would never have anything to do with U.C. when they fired Huggins.

cincrulz11 04-15-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gocats (Post 198135)
I recall Kmart saying he would never have anything to do with U.C. when they fired Huggins.

he hasn't really outside of when he throws shade at the program.

JoeRunner89 04-15-2019 07:21 PM

Kenyons earned the right to feel how he does, it's actually quite refreshing he cares. On top of that we as fans gotta understand that these guys may know a lot more about basketball and coaching than what's perceived