BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Cronin's Corner (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bengals. (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=8203)

TheLivingLegend 09-08-2013 05:53 PM

Bengals.

Well someone has to start a thread....

Today was well.... awful.

- Dalton played well
- Green played well
- Dunlap played well
- Burfict is good.

- Our starting RB had 25 yards. Yikes.
- Our coach managed to continue his madness of time management. 9 minutes remaining and no timeouts
- Kirkpatrick managed to lose this game with a STUPID off the field penalty that allowed them to be in fg range.
- Rey continued to be Rey. Terrible. Managed to seal the deal.

- Anyone notice Geno today? i didnt.
- No sacks?

All and all the bengals managed to be the bengals.

JumpinJack5 09-08-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend (Post 71086)
Well someone has to start a thread....

Today was well.... awful.

- Dalton played well
- Green played well
- Dunlap played well
- Burfict is good.

- Our starting RB had 25 yards. Yikes.
- Our coach managed to continue his madness of time management. 9 minutes remaining and no timeouts
- Kirkpatrick managed to lose this game with a STUPID off the field penalty that allowed them to be in fg range.
- Rey continued to be Rey. Terrible. Managed to seal the deal.

- Anyone notice Geno today? i didnt.
- No sacks?

All and all the bengals managed to be the bengals.

Kirkpatrick and Rey both had dumb penalties, but those should've been offsetting. With Dre, he got pushed in the back and it didn't get called. With Rey, both kept going after the whistle and Rey had that extra shove that made the hometown refs call it on him. Dalton was good, Geno had a few pressures and hurries, Eifert an Bernard both did some good things, AJ was AJ, the o-line was good against Peppers, the defense was solid, not a bad game at all. Just a few too many stupid mistakes and not being able to finish them off killed us.

CPAW29 09-08-2013 07:00 PM

After 11 seasons you would think the bonehead penalties and time management be cleaned up!

Cataclysmo 09-08-2013 11:43 PM

Im honestly not even upset anymore. This team at times today looked good, even great, yet despite playing well for such a long period of the game, they lost because of stupidity. It's such a Bengals way to lose, and by now, I've accepted it.

WAITE HOYT 2 09-09-2013 08:42 AM

Absolutely stupid penalties and TO's killed us today. Not having any time outs didn't help but are wideouts can't put the ball on the ground after a catch.

Rey M. is a moron. Anyone spending anytime in any downtown night spots knows this. Can't believe they brought him back. Guy is a mean Drunk looking to cause trouble when out and his lack of good judgement and discipline extends to the field. Yes both players were going after the whistle but in that spot you can't pull the guy to the ground well after the whistle. Almost as bad as the idiot from the Bucs who pushed the QB out of bounds giving them FG position with 7 seconds left.

Why we didn't run the clock out in the first half instead of stopping it for them giving them a shot to drive for a FG is beyond me.

Please hurry up Basketball season.

UCalum08 09-09-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 (Post 71095)
Absolutely stupid penalties and TO's killed us today. Not having any time outs didn't help but are wideouts can't put the ball on the ground after a catch.

Rey M. is a moron. Anyone spending anytime in any downtown night spots knows this. Can't believe they brought him back. Guy is a mean Drunk looking to cause trouble when out and his lack of good judgement and discipline extends to the field. Yes both players were going after the whistle but in that spot you can't pull the guy to the ground well after the whistle. Almost as bad as the idiot from the Bucs who pushed the QB out of bounds giving them FG position with 7 seconds left.

Why we didn't run the clock out in the first half instead of stopping it for them giving them a shot to drive for a FG is beyond me.

Please hurry up Basketball season.

Yes Please!!!

charlie hustle 09-09-2013 03:01 PM

ughhhhh

awful clock management.
and Rey... my oh my, Rey. if there was a sliver of a chance for a comeback, rey bodyslamming Mills (?) sure took care of that.

JumpinJack5 09-23-2013 07:57 PM

Who Dey!

TheLivingLegend 09-29-2013 03:44 PM

Time for Dalton to step up to the plate.... has he digressed????

The amount of weapons on this offense and to put up 6 points is a train wreck.

People have questioned Dalton for a while... I think its starting to become a legitimate concern moving forward.

JumpinJack5 09-29-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend (Post 71866)
Time for Dalton to step up to the plate.... has he digressed????

The amount of weapons on this offense and to put up 6 points is a train wreck.

People have questioned Dalton for a while... I think its starting to become a legitimate concern moving forward.

Not to mention the Bob Bratkowski-like play calling from Jay Gruden......