BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   2018 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   '18 MD F LaQuill Hardnett (Commit) (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12025)

jacobkdoyle 02-10-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcatboy (Post 182827)
Field goal % at the rim

Yes. And if someone is 2nd on the team at about 68% would you say it's a fact that they can't put the ball in the basket from close?

Bearcatboy 02-10-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 182829)
Yes. And if someone is 2nd on the team at about 68% would you say it's a fact that they can't put the ball in the basket from close?

Scott and brooks have only shot around the rim maybe 50 times each all year.
They shoot way less than all other big men on the team so of course their percentages are going to be better, you’re comparing apples to oranges
If brooks shoots the ball at the rim twice a game and makes both you’re going to have 100%, when Clark shoots 10 times and only hits five his is only gonna be 50 percent....

jacobkdoyle 02-10-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcatboy (Post 182831)
Scott and brooks have only shot around the rim maybe 50 times each all year.
They shoot way less than all other big men on the team so of course their percentages are going to be better, you’re comparing apples to oranges
If brooks shoots the ball at the rim twice a game and makes both you’re going to have 100%, when Clark shoots 10 times and only hits five his is only gonna be 50 percent....

Jfc. This is excruciating. I know what you are trying to say. I've known it from your first post. That has nothing to do with what I was responding to.

So let's try this again...my above post is a yes or no question. Is your answer Yes or No?

*Note: Any non-answer will be counted as a No.

Defense first 02-10-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcatboy (Post 182828)
Fredrick
Mitchell
Mahan(3 years)

Who is The Fredrick guy?

Defense first 02-11-2018 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defense first (Post 182837)
Who is The Fredrick guy?

Nevermind, rashawn Fredericks 6'6 guard from motley CC. Can shoot, absolute elite rebounder at guard position. I will be happy with any one of these guys. Need a big that can score though. Wonder who we have a shot with. Unless Cronin knows, Scott, nsoseme, or Brooks will be adequate. Seems like the way were recruiting, might play 4 guards next year, I think Ellie is going to be a monster.

jacobkdoyle 02-11-2018 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defense first (Post 182839)
Nevermind, rashawn Fredericks 6'6 guard from motley CC. Can shoot, absolute elite rebounder at guard position. I will be happy with any one of these guys. Need a big that can score though. Wonder who we have a shot with. Unless Cronin knows, Scott, nsoseme, or Brooks will be adequate. Seems like the way were recruiting, might play 4 guards next year, I think Ellie is going to be a monster.

If Diarra can give 12-15 minutes he could give us some offensive punch.

Bearcatboy 02-11-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 182832)
Jfc. This is excruciating. I know what you are trying to say. I've known it from your first post. That has nothing to do with what I was responding to.

So let's try this again...my above post is a yes or no question. Is your answer Yes or No?

*Note: Any non-answer will be counted as a No.

Technically yes but you dont call another poster out on false info from a stat you give that’s not true.

Bearcatboy 02-11-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defense first (Post 182839)

Probably going to go to a pg,sg,sg/sf,sf/s4,c lineup next year and ditch the two bigs set up.

jacobkdoyle 02-11-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcatboy (Post 182859)
Technically yes but you dont call another poster out on false info from a stat you give that’s not true.

How can a stat not be true? He was close to 80% as a FR. So nothing we have seen in his college career suggests it's a FACT that he can't finish around the hoop. A small sample size doesn't prove the opposite to be true. That's where you're struggling.

jacobkdoyle 02-11-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 182865)
How can a stat not be true? He was close to 80% as a FR. So nothing we have seen in his college career suggests it's a FACT that he can't finish around the hoop. A small sample size doesn't prove the opposite to be true. That's where you're struggling.

If he has higher volume, would it go down? Probably? But that's not the world we live in. So I'll take those actual numbers as closer to who he is instead of relying on your hypothetical simulation. At least until proven otherwise in real life. But nothing contrary to the stats has been proven as FACT yet.