BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Football (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   SMU (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12134)

Mcginnjw 10-27-2018 02:37 PM

SMU

Nice opening drive.

AZ BEARCAT 10-27-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcginnjw (Post 191559)
Nice opening drive.

Nice finish also.

david aka the TYZ 10-27-2018 09:14 PM

Lot of missed opportunities in first half. Didnt get to watch second half but caught overtime. Great play to get the win.

Lawrugby 10-27-2018 09:45 PM

After a fantastic win I can’t believe there are no posts on this site. For my part I am so happy with this season. We are seeing the fruits of Fickle’s defensive acumen. I think he is the real deal and if we could hold on to him (not) we would go very far - like a top 10 ranking within 2 years. On the other side of the ball Ridder is promising but needs to keep scrambling like he did at the end of the game today. Good to see find someone else to throw to other than his tight end today. Excited to see Warren get back on track next week. Go Bearcats!

david aka the TYZ 10-28-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrugby (Post 191562)
After a fantastic win I can’t believe there are no posts on this site. For my part I am so happy with this season. We are seeing the fruits of Fickle’s defensive acumen. I think he is the real deal and if we could hold on to him (not) we would go very far - like a top 10 ranking within 2 years. On the other side of the ball Ridder is promising but needs to keep scrambling like he did at the end of the game today. Good to see find someone else to throw to other than his tight end today. Excited to see Warren get back on track next week. Go Bearcats!

Fickell definitely has turned things around quickly. We are overachieving this year, but that's the first sign of a good coach. And defensively it is night and day with anything we've seen since Dantonio was here. I'm hoping he sticks around to see a complete team and recruiting by him. Still not impressed with the offensive output at times, including playcalling, but hoping with a full implementation of his players and system that changes.

Alum2013 10-28-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrugby (Post 191562)

There's no QB on our team that makes us top 10 good. It has been a good season and the defense has certainly been a welcome surprise but I think most people aren't THAT excited because they know we aren't that great of a team yet, we've just played alot of worse ones.

That said, I think we could easily be a consistent top 25 team if Fickell stays.

AZ BEARCAT 10-28-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alum2013 (Post 191567)
There's no QB on our team that makes us top 10 good. It has been a good season and the defense has certainly been a welcome surprise but I think most people aren't THAT excited because they know we aren't that great of a team yet, we've just played alot of worse ones.

That said, I think we could easily be a consistent top 25 team if Fickell stays.

I hope that QB is in high school and on the UC radar. Power arm and legs.

cincycpaw 10-28-2018 10:39 AM

Didn’t get to watch this game. Just highlights. Nice to see the team come out and continue to fight. Big time play in OT.

M64W 10-28-2018 11:52 AM

LET'S JUST WAIT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alum2013 (Post 191567)

Don't get excited, don't attend the games, don't really support the team until they get into the TOP 10---then jump on the "band wagon". Yup, that's the answer.

Alum2013 10-28-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M64W (Post 191575)
Don't get excited, don't attend the games, don't really support the team until they get into the TOP 10---then jump on the "band wagon". Yup, that's the answer.

When your team has gone 5+ years being ass, you have NFL, MLB, MLS, and two annual top 25 bball teams in the same city yea, you do have to do something to get peoples attention back. Let's be real, UC had like a 10 year stretch in their entire history where they were a consistent top 25 team. The majority of the time UC football was an after thought in this city.