BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Wichita State (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12237)

Queens_NYC 01-17-2019 08:40 AM

Wichita State

Saturday, January 19th
2:00 PM
Charles Koch Arena
TV: CBS

Wichita State (8-8, 1-3 AAC, NET #125 but only through 1/15, KP #120) ended a 4-game losing streak last night after beating UCF at home 65-57. The Shockers shot 23/37 from inside the arch, 17/18 from the foul stripe, and out rebounded UCF 35-22 en route to their first victory of conference play.

The Shockers have had arguably the toughest schedule of any AAC team so far this season having only played half of their 16 games at home on top having already faced off with Memphis, Temple, Houston and UCF in the league.

They're led by the senior duo of Markis McDuffie (averages nearly 20 and 5 per game) and Samajae Haynes-Jones (averages 13, 3 and 3). After that, the next 7 players in their rotation are all in their first year in the program.

Statistically, they're average in many regards but are one of the weaker 3-point shooting teams in the league (31%) but make up for it by being an above average offensive rebounding team.

I think we're in for another close game but know we certainly have the talent and experience to win in a tough environment.

Cin City 01-17-2019 08:45 AM

We have to be better than we've seen the last 4 games....collectively. Tough atmosphere against a team who is hungry and decently battle tested. Gonna be a close one. Whichever team is consistent wins...I hope that's us. Rebounding will be a huge factor.

UC 64
WSU 61

kskenyon4 01-17-2019 12:33 PM

I think the momentum is in our favor - with the second half against an underrated USF team. Did we finally learn to rebound?

Cincy 65
WSU - 58

GarradJ21 01-17-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kskenyon4 (Post 194559)
I think the momentum is in our favor - with the second half against an underrated USF team. Did we finally learn to rebound?

Cincy 65
WSU - 58

This might be the easiest road game we have left. We need to take advantage.

sedziobs 01-17-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kskenyon4 (Post 194559)
I think the momentum is in our favor - with the second half against an underrated USF team.

Wichita St just comfortably beat UCF. I think momentum is in their favor.

GarradJ21 01-17-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedziobs (Post 194562)
Wichita St just comfortably beat UCF. I think momentum is in their favor.

Out of the Temple, Houston and UCF, UCF scares me the least. The whole Taco thing works but it's also a wildcard. I'm not extremely impressed with WSU beating UCF.

sedziobs 01-17-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 194563)
Out of the Temple, Houston and UCF, UCF scares me the least. The whole Taco thing works but it's also a wildcard. I'm not extremely impressed with WSU beating UCF.

Well out of those three teams and USF, USF scares me the least. I think a win over UCF is superior to a win over USF by every measure.

GarradJ21 01-17-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedziobs (Post 194564)
Well out of those three teams and USF, USF scares me the least. I think a win over UCF is superior to a win over USF by every measure.

I do agree with that.

Cin City 01-18-2019 05:40 AM

Fingers crossed, but the 3 pointer is going to be a factor. They will let it fly. We have to be better at defending it....I know that's a wish upon a star. If we let them shoot and rebound, we are in for a gross Saturday.

Moving forward, any team that shoots the three with little to no disruption against us has a great shot at winning.

Uclawrugby 01-18-2019 08:12 AM

Will be following from Northampton MA and hope FTB. I am afraid of the home environment. Superbly coached team with young kids who may be developing. I still have the ECU game nagging me in the back of my mind. My bet is it will come down to Cland as always with the tough games this year. If he is on- we win, if not, not so much.