BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2021-22 Roster (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12526)

justinhub2003 03-16-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincyguy13 (Post 213122)
The only time we’ve seen anything like this, it was Gregg Marshall, and he was physically assaulting players. You have to wonder what’s going on.

Na man, they all love him. He’s a nice guy, he brought them dinner one night to their dorm rooms.

cincyguy13 03-16-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 213128)
Jesus.

This program is a shit show.

Why would anyone stay at this point ? Clearly Brannen is an awful relationship builder.

I’d be fine with getting rid of him at this point. I’m guessing most of team will leave at this point.

cincyguy13 03-16-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 213129)
Na man, they all love him. He’s a nice guy, he brought them dinner one night to their dorm rooms.

Good talk

cincrulz11 03-16-2021 09:47 AM

This is just a complete shocker. I found it so strange we were talking to PG transfers so it looks like Brannen knew.

I just don't see how this makes any sense. He was one of the core we couldn't lose. Now its hard to see them all not leaving.

This completely sucks.

TheLivingLegend 03-16-2021 09:48 AM

There is definitely some issues.... At this point you wonder who stays?

cincyalum2014 03-16-2021 09:48 AM

Mike Saunders enters transfer portal.... Okay now I am officially concerned because the departures aren't over yet.

justinhub2003 03-16-2021 09:48 AM

Here are thinking Mikey and JD and all these guys are super bought in. Instead they are just auditioning for better team not in cincinnati.

skyblade 03-16-2021 09:51 AM

There is a lot of smoke that Brannen is a lot different in the locker room than he is in public. We've heard hints of it quite a bit. That he acts one way when recruiting and another way once the guy is actually here.

Mikey's mom made a twitter post that she was "glad the cameras caught that" when Brannen walked off the court early, again hinting that there is behind the scenes stuff.

To me it's clear that Brannen's public personality and locker room persona do not match up. Huggins and Cronin were tough on guys, but they made it clear that's how they coach and recruits knew what they were going into. Brannen seems to make recruits think they will be getting one coaching style and then giving them a different one when they get to school.

Also, Mikey was Eason's roommate. I wouldn't be surprised to see us down to DDJ and maybe one or two other guys.

Cumberland, Diarra, Rap, Harvey, Gabe, Mikey. The smoke that Brannen is a locker room cancer is turning into a fire. It's time for Brannen to go.

cincyguy13 03-16-2021 09:51 AM

I’d put Eason leaving at 100% at this point

cincyalum2014 03-16-2021 09:52 AM

What does everyone think the odds are Tari leaves? Id say 60%... JD is a Cincy kid, i would find it hard for him to leave? I hope … The transfer "portal" is literally terrible.... It gives a lot of false hope to kids who think they are better than they are and they try and leave and don't get the offers they thought they'd get and cant come back because they have already been replaced. I agree you should get one free transfer but the portal makes roster turnover for every team unbearable