BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Potential Incoming Players (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12535)

cincyalum2014 03-18-2021 09:42 AM

Potential Incoming Players

I thought it would be nice to start a thread for some positive news, the new guys who will be coming in and playing for UC next season. As you all know we have 9 scholarships to fill and I thought this would be a good place for people to discuss rumors and have some opinions of who they like and who they hope we realistically can bring in.

I know we have virtual visits today with 6'6 Guard Pittsburg transfer Au'Diese Toney.
Averaged 14.4 pts a game, shot 46.4%, 34% from 3, 66.7% Free throw shooter. Played a ton of minutes for an average Pitt team. Could come in and start right away. Has 2 years of eligibility left.

Also have a virtual visit with a 6'5 Guard, Grad Transfer George Papas from Monmouth University.
Averaged 12.4 pts a game shooting 44.2%, 39% from 3, 79% free throw shooter. This was his breakout season, his last three years were not great and he didn't play a ton until last season when he average 17 minutes a game. He average 28 minutes a game this season. Again one thing we can promise these guys is a lot of playing time.

MDW79 03-18-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 (Post 213547)

Also have a virtual visit with a 6'5 Guard, Grad Transfer George Papas from Monmouth University.
Averaged 12.4 pts a game shooting 44.2%, 39% from 3, 79% free throw shooter. This was his breakout season, his last three years were not great and he didn't play a ton until last season when he average 17 minutes a game. He average 28 minutes a game this season. Again one thing we can promise these guys is a lot of playing time.

BIG time no on this dude.

If this is the type of guys we're going to bringing in then my interest in UC basketball will be at it's lowest it's ever been.

A former walk-on from Monmouth? Is this how low we've sank?

We're going to rent a former walk-on from the Metro Atheltic Conference, who averaged 12 pts a game, for a season. (He's a senior).

Also, when I looked him up this was the first thing that came up (watch the video in the link). This dude is a total douche to boot:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-infamous-dunk

TheLivingLegend 03-18-2021 10:55 AM

Tend to agree. Pass on papas.

Sign me up for Toney

Jon Rycek 03-18-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDW79 (Post 213563)
BIG time no on this dude.

If this is the type of guys we're going to bringing in then my interest in UC basketball will be at it's lowest it's ever been.

A former walk-on from Monmouth? Is this how low we've sank?

We're going to rent a former walk-on from the Metro Atheltic Conference, who averaged 12 pts a game, for a season. (He's a senior).

Also, when I looked him up this was the first thing that came up (watch the video in the link). This dude is a total douche to boot:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-infamous-dunk

Doesn’t everyone on here complain we don’t play til the end... hmm... I’d take dude in a second. Even if he just ends up being a bench/role player for a year.

MDW79 03-18-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Rycek (Post 213599)
Doesn’t everyone on here complain we don’t play til the end... hmm... I’d take dude in a second. Even if he just ends up being a bench/role player for a year.

You just mentioned in the other thread that me using "turd" to describe a recruit showed my character. (Somewhat fair. I shouldn't have said that, but I promise you I'm really not a-hole)

I will flip it back to you. If you can watch that video and come to the conclusion that that's a good example of "playing till the end" and that you'd "take him in a second" then I think that kinda shows your character.

Kid didn't play hard to the whistle, or just D up. He snuck up behind a guy that was trying to let the game run out in a 55 point blowout. Then it takes to the rim and dunks it like he some hardass. The proceeds to jaw and shit talk afterwards (real badass).

That's honestly one of the douchiest moves I've ever seen in college basketaball.

TheLivingLegend 03-18-2021 11:42 AM

Who else we got in the works. We need to go after some big name guys.

Jon Rycek 03-18-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDW79 (Post 213601)
You just mentioned in the other thread that me using "turd" to describe a recruit showed my character. (Somewhat fair. I shouldn't have said that, but I promise you I'm really not a-hole)

I will flip it back to you. If you can watch that video and come to the conclusion that that's a good example of "playing till the end" and that you'd "take him in a second" then I think that kinda shows your character.

Kid didn't play hard to the whistle, or just D up. He snuck up behind a guy that was trying to let the game run out in a 55 point blowout. Then it takes to the rim and dunks it like he some hardass. The proceeds to jaw and shit talk afterwards (real badass).

That's honestly one of the douchiest moves I've ever seen in college basketaball.

He is also a kid and his team was getting whooped on, we have emotions you know. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us. He’s a decent player and maybe he can add some fire to the locker room. I’m just saying we have plenty of scholarships available. He may not be the best out there but he’s a decent get regardless.

Jon Rycek 03-18-2021 12:01 PM

I do like the idea of Toney a lot though, 6’6 guard definitely help us out against big teams like Memphis and Houston

cincrulz11 03-18-2021 12:11 PM

We need to hit up Alexis Yetna yesterday.

cincyalum2014 03-18-2021 12:19 PM

We have reached out to 6'10 215lbs senior from Montana, Michael Steadman.
Averaged 9.9 pts a game, 5.4 reb, shot 54.8%, 68% free throw shooter. Per stats we was in foul trouble a lot and turns the ball over 2.3 times a game. Would have 2 years of eligibility left.

We have also reached out to 6'6 North Dakota guard DaSean Eikens, only a sophomore and will have 3 years left. He only played in 5 games this year and did not play well. Last season he average 13.8pts a game, shot 47%, 32% from 3.

Also reached out to USF guard David Collins. Long shot to get him, the list from power 5 schools is long.