BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Depth chart (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12353)

mdchick 06-27-2019 09:49 PM

Depth chart

Pg: McNeal/Adams Woods/ Harvey?
Wings: 1.jarron 2 kw 3 Jaevin 4 Harvey 5davenport 6moore
Pf: Tre Scott/ prince/ Davenport
C: diarra/Sorolla

Predicted minutes:
Tre Scott:28
Jarron:28
Kw:26
Jaevin:22
Mcneal:20
Harvey:18
Diarra:16
Sorolla:14
Adams/woods:8
Moore:8
Davenport: 8
Prince:8

Vanhoop 06-27-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchick (Post 200614)

Predicted minutes:

Looks about right. Harvey could maybe take some more of Jaevins minutes though? I think by years end Davenport could get some more on the wing small forward. Saw him a few times in high school and couldn't believe he didn't have bigger offers. The kids a player period.

TheRealMick 06-27-2019 11:33 PM

C- diara:22, sorolla:10, Scott:6, prince:2

Pf- Scott:22, prince:10, jaevin:3, KW:3, jarron:2,

SF- KW:24, harvey:8, Jarron:5, jaevin:3

SG- jarron:20, jaevin:15, Harvey:5

PG- McNeal:16, maw:10, jarron:5, Harvey:5, jaevin:4

I'll seriously ask Moore redshirt as a JR. Davenport more likely lock redshirt at this point. Go ten deep and everybody happy playing at least 10min game. I can see MAW redshirt and Moore taking his minutes on wing. Sounds like Harvey here play more on ball than off ball.

KennyFreaselefteye 06-28-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealMick (Post 200620)
C- diara:22, sorolla:10, Scott:6, prince:2

Pf- Scott:22, prince:10, jaevin:3, KW:3, jarron:2,

SF- KW:24, harvey:8, Jarron:5, jaevin:3

SG- jarron:20, jaevin:15, Harvey:5

PG- McNeal:16, maw:10, jarron:5, Harvey:5, jaevin:4

I'll seriously ask Moore redshirt as a JR. Davenport more likely lock redshirt at this point. Go ten deep and everybody happy playing at least 10min game. I can see MAW redshirt and Moore taking his minutes on wing. Sounds like Harvey here play more on ball than off ball.

Davenport will not RS. There is no way in hell. Jeremiah could play 20 minutes a game. He’s physically not strong enough yet, but if you’ve seen him play you know he can contribute as a twig. Nice stroke, pull-up J, lethal in transition. We’re talking about a kid that Carl Kramer loves. Said if he was in the right system he could be something really special. I think he will give us more minutes than Keith did as a freshman. He will not be redshirting though, nor do I believe anyone will. MAW if I had to guess.

TheRealMick 06-28-2019 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyFreaselefteye (Post 200621)
Davenport will not RS. There is no way in hell. Jeremiah could play 20 minutes a game. He’s physically not strong enough yet, but if you’ve seen him play you know he can contribute as a twig. Nice stroke, pull-up J, lethal in transition. We’re talking about a kid that Carl Kramer loves. Said if he was in the right system he could be something really special. I think he will give us more minutes than Keith did as a freshman. He will not be redshirting though, nor do I believe anyone will. MAW if I had to guess.

I hate redshirt a guy with his size this year but honestly where does he get minutes? We too deep on wing for everybody to play. No way in hell we play 12 and don't redshirt couple guys to even out classes. Somebody has redshirt this year, no team has 12 players playing at least 8min.

itsamemario 06-28-2019 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchick (Post 200614)

Predicted minutes:

As bad as Moore has been, I still cant see him that far back in the depth chart. I also have to imagine someone is being redshirted (other than Vogt) and my guess would be Davenport

itsamemario 06-28-2019 06:24 AM

Quote:

If hes anything like his other family members, there has been a trend. They are alright players early in their career and then ballers by the end of their career. If you can get another year out of him and push his clock back, he could be an absolute unit by his senior year. 1 year of prep school and a redshirt year. ala Kilpatrick

itsamemario 06-28-2019 06:30 AM

Quote:

Someone has to redshirt. You cant really give 12 guys minutes and it makes no sense to give someone 2-3 minutes here or there when they could redshirt. It wont be MAW, he will be the only PG on the roster next year with experience. Its going to have to be a wing(2-3) MAW and Mcneal can both also play off ball at the 2. So if you count them, that is 8 "guards" fighting for 3 spots

cincyguy13 06-28-2019 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsamemario (Post 200627)
Someone has to redshirt. You cant really give 12 guys minutes and it makes no sense to give someone 2-3 minutes here or there when they could redshirt. It wont be MAW, he will be the only PG on the roster next year with experience. Its going to have to be a wing(2-3) MAW and Mcneal can both also play off ball at the 2. So if you count them, that is 8 "guards" fighting for 3 spots

I don’t want anyone to redshirt. I say go for it. Next year we probably will take a step back with tre and Jarron leaving. But if someone did redshirt it should be Davenport. Odd man out.

cincyalum2014 06-28-2019 07:56 AM

Someone has to sit a year imo, you cannot put 12 guys out there, Jarron, Keith and Tre will take up the bulk of there minutes at there positions. I know JB wants to run and gun but you cant sub in and out every 3 minutes you have to let the guys on the court together get in a flow together regardless of who is out there.