BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Best Streaming Service for Bearcats (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12373)

jbreeds1 09-11-2019 10:15 AM

Best Streaming Service for Bearcats

So I just got rid of DirecTV. Need people's opinions on which streaming service to choose to get all the Bearcat Basketball games. Opinions would be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Garybearcat 09-11-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbreeds1 (Post 200904)
So I just got rid of DirecTV. Need people's opinions on which streaming service to choose to get all the Bearcat Basketball games. Opinions would be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance!

YouTubeTv is the cheapest and has all the sports channels. $50/month

Nati lite 09-11-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbreeds1 (Post 200904)

Thanks in advance!

I have Playstation Vue, $50 a month and get the channels UC plays on.

Queens_NYC 09-11-2019 02:08 PM

I'll be purchasing ESPN+ at $5/month for basketball season.

prancer 09-11-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens_NYC (Post 200907)
I'll be purchasing ESPN+ at $5/month for basketball season.

ESPN+ doesn't give you access to ESPN/ESPN2 right? I could be wrong, but I believe it only lets you watch games specifically designated for ESPN+

sedziobs 09-11-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prancer (Post 200908)
ESPN+ doesn't give you access to ESPN/ESPN2 right? I could be wrong, but I believe it only lets you watch games specifically designated for ESPN+

Correct, ESPN+ will only have a few mid major leagues. I have it for FC Cincinnati.

I only sign up for TV streaming during basketball season, so I have to decide which one to go with this year.

Hulu Live has all channels (and Hulu streaming) for $45. I think the interface sucks, but the account links to ESPN and Fox Sports apps.

YouTube TV has all channels for $50. Not available on Fire stick or PlayStation.

PS Vue has all channels for $55. I have found it to be the easiest to use and most reliable, but they keep raising their prices. Works perfectly on PlayStation and Fire stick.

Sling is $50 with no CBS Sports or BTN. I've never tried it.

AT&T Now has all channels for $70. No way.

mdchick 09-11-2019 08:44 PM

Once Disney+ comes out, you will be able to bundle Disney+,espn+,and Hulu for 12.99 a month. That is going to be the best deal you can get

sedziobs 09-11-2019 08:52 PM

Will Disney+ have CBS Sports, FS1, FS2, BTN, etc? Seems unlikely.

sirthought 09-12-2019 01:46 AM

I have subscribed during hoops season the past four or five years.

First tried Sling. Nice to have back then. Bad interface. Could not record games. Didn't have many of the sports channels.

Then tried PSVue. Little better. They claimed you could record, but not sports. And it didn't have all the stations for the whole season at that time. Might now.

Tried YouTubeTV the past couple years and have stuck with that. The interface was smoothest and easiest to understand and navigate, even when it was new. Since they've started, features have continued to evolve to make things very easy to manage and watch. The best part is you can record everything and it's held for months. I can say record all Cincinnati Bearcats football or basketball and it does that for the main season. You have to search for the post season events differently. You can all tell it to record all hoops from a conference now. Pretty cool. It also gives you access to WatchESPN and Fox mobile apps. I record and watch like an hour or so later so I can zip through commercials.

It's fun to hold on to the games and watch a month or so after the season has ended to fix your basketball jones.

ThomasMac 09-12-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedziobs (Post 200911)
Will Disney+ have CBS Sports, FS1, FS2, BTN, etc? Seems unlikely.

No. The deal they were referencing above is for Hulu and not Hulu live tv. Hulu live tv will have those channels you're interested in.