BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Future teams (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12191)

cincyguy13 04-11-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend (Post 197836)
Cronin overpromised on most recruits... he told me lance was the best talent he's seen since Oscar... he's told me Trevor was the best shooter he's ever seen. Etc.

I never understood way the kid was here. Wasn’t really a place for him and it seemed like he was asked to play out of position all year. Most of the time he was ask to play in the paint and he was 6’3, maybe 6’4. Odd that we recruited him in the first place

TheLongHaul 04-11-2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend (Post 197836)
Cronin overpromised on most recruits... he told me lance was the best talent he's seen since Oscar... he's told me Trevor was the best shooter he's ever seen. Etc.

Trevor and Larry Davis....Actually, I'll give him Lance, he was a freaking stud that was used incorrectly here.

Queens_NYC 04-11-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincyguy13 (Post 197839)
I never understood way the kid was here. Wasn’t really a place for him and it seemed like he was asked to play out of position all year. Most of the time he was ask to play in the paint and he was 6’3, maybe 6’4. Odd that we recruited him in the first place

When we landed him he was described as a 6'6 hybrid forward that could shoot like a 3 but rebound like a 4. Granted how inexperienced our front court was going into last season, he seemed like somebody who could come in and compete for minutes at multiple positions right away.

We took a risk and the kid couldn't find his niche in high major D1 ball. No hard feelings from me. I would've supported him had he stayed and wish him nothing but the best as he wraps up his career elsewhere.

His best performance as a Bearcat ironically came in our worst offensive showing as a team @SMU. He gave us 15 minutes off the bench scoring 6 points with 4 rebounds and hit two free throws in the final 10 seconds that ultimately put the game away.

Madman81 04-12-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend (Post 197836)
Cronin overpromised on most recruits... he told me lance was the best talent he's seen since Oscar... he's told me Trevor was the best shooter he's ever seen. Etc.

do you not want the coach to talk up his recruits

cincycpaw 04-12-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madman81 (Post 197891)
do you not want the coach to talk up his recruits

I like him to talk them up....AND be accurate ;)

the_one_32 04-12-2019 11:34 AM

Jarron Cumberland has not made decision if he will return to UC for his senior season or not. Per John Fay

cincycpaw 04-12-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_one_32 (Post 197906)
Jarron Cumberland has not made decision if he will return to UC for his senior season or not. Per John Fay

Do you think Bohn should be sharing any information with Vumberland re:coaching search?

I kinda wish they were, making him a part of it, but also understand this is college and perhaps he need not be a part of it currently.

I guess I just want him to stay

sedziobs 04-12-2019 11:58 AM

Maybe we can land this guy:

cnet.com/videos/toyotas-cue-3-basketball-robot

cincrulz11 04-12-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedziobs (Post 197911)

but can he play defense.

the_one_32 04-12-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincycpaw (Post 197910)
Do you think Bohn should be sharing any information with Vumberland re:coaching search?

I kinda wish they were, making him a part of it, but also understand this is college and perhaps he need not be a part of it currently.

I guess I just want him to stay

Personally, no, I understand the concept but they shouldn't be making decisions based on a players preference in college. I get what you're saying and it makes sense but that's a slippery slope. I think Cumberland should know who they are looking at, but not have a say in who they hire.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.