BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Miami (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12572)

skyblade 12-02-2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 217237)
Ado has been playing pretty well lately. That rebound he had late in game when he slid between 2 Miami guys grabbed the ball and hit the floor was a BIG rebound for us and our chances of winning the game. He's been very active lately. Starting to understand what Wes saw in practice and why he starts. He's got a lot of energy and it's starting to show and I like it!

If he played 25 mpg I could see him closing in on double double territory or at least 8 and 8.

Ado struggled for the first 15 minutes and was great after that. Seems to be a theme for him that it takes him a bit to get going. When he's playing well he is our best big man and it's not really close.

waterhead 12-03-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblade (Post 217242)
Ado struggled for the first 15 minutes and was great after that. Seems to be a theme for him that it takes him a bit to get going. When he's playing well he is our best big man and it's not really close.

When he is active he is a force!! I agree he needs to get out of the box faster so he can stay on the floor but would rather he starts out with the same energy. If he plays like this and we can figure out that 4 spot...we will be in good shape. Between Ody, Vik and JD we should be able to end up with something good there.

The guards will be hot and cold...so we should be able to find 2 guys per night having a decent game. I'm not down on anyone yet...every player has a cold stretch...no big deal.

waterhead 12-03-2021 09:12 AM

When trying to gets stops on D late game sub patterns

Mike
MAW
Newman
Ody
Ado

When needing points

DD
MM
JD
Vik
Koval or Ado

TheLivingLegend 12-03-2021 10:32 AM

Maw leads the country in assist to turnover ratio...

cincrulz11 12-03-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend (Post 217245)

The Justin Jenifer role. Jenifer knew when to shoot. He also played with a lot more talent around him.

Our turnovers as a team are way down, but we also only pass outside the perimeter, so you shouldn’t really ever turn the ball over.

sedziobs 12-03-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Yep, he's a great game manager. He should stop trying to be a scorer. He leads the team in attempts at the rim (more than Ado and Koval combined) but he converts an awful 44%. He's third on the team in midrange attempts (15%) and third in three point attempts (19%). He's not a good enough scorer to be a top three option.

waterhead 12-03-2021 11:51 AM

Quote:

Holy shyte! I knew he was doing good but not that good. Jenifer was up there for a long time in the top 5 or so.

He's a career 31% shooter from 3 and that is with going 2 for 20 in last four games. If he makes his career % in those 4 games he is at 32% on the year and probably also his career. Clearly volume is not his thing. He needs to be a picky set shooter. As for his 2's he was 46% last year and 49% the year before. Always been solid at the line until recently. He's not a volume play maker or shooter but solid otherwise.

I'm giving him a break for a bad stretch but needs to cut volume as well.

TheRealMick 12-04-2021 01:06 AM

Man I wish Keith and Zach were still om team. Take away Newman and Maw.