BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Possible Recruits (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12360)

#1Bearcats 07-03-2019 09:58 AM

Possible Recruits

I enjoy following all recruitment information. Does anyone know our main targets to go along with Mike Saunders Jr, and also any applicable knowledge or chances of landing these guys. Sorry if this is a redundant topic. I am new.

Go Cats!

waterhead 07-03-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1Bearcats (Post 200730)
I enjoy following all recruitment information. Does anyone know our main targets to go along with Mike Saunders Jr, and also any applicable knowledge or chances of landing these guys. Sorry if this is a redundant topic. I am new.

Go Cats!

Really tough to say here. There are a lot of offers on the table right now. Some to kids who are highly coveted by other big programs and some who aren't. Obviously the priority would go to the best talent but other offers are on the table perhaps to put some pressure on one or the other.

Tough to count but there could be more than a dozen 2020 offers...maybe even 15-20 by now. Brannen may try to land 1 or 2 now and then save spots for higher ranked kids or transfers later. It literally seems like there is a new offer every other day.

I would guess there are some kids out there like Loveday or Galloway or Leal etc. that Brannen would take in a heartbeat. Probably a few others that Brannen would take now so he can be more selective later in filling holes or landing a top level recruit.

Wish there was more to add here but I can't say we have a specific "right now" target for the next Dancing Bearcat. Multiple reports out right now on Austin Van Zyl who seems to be a 2019 prospect. Either we are moving more players out...or he reclassifies for 2020 but all signs are 2019 as of now.

Just too much going on to get a good handle on it all...

cincyguy13 07-03-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1Bearcats (Post 200730)

Go Cats!

I am by no means an insider, I just follow people on Twitter and follow it through there. We seem to be offering a lot of guys. No clue how close we are to signing any of them. Trey Galloway, Anthony leap, Zach love day, seem to be the highest rated. They seem like long shots though. But you never know. Those are a few names.

cincyguy13 07-03-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 200731)
Really tough to say here. There are a lot of offers on the table right now. Some to kids who are highly coveted by other big programs and some who aren't. Obviously the priority would go to the best talent but other offers are on the table perhaps to put some pressure on one or the other.

Tough to count but there could be more than a dozen 2020 offers...maybe even 15-20 by now. Brannen may try to land 1 or 2 now and then save spots for higher ranked kids or transfers later. It literally seems like there is a new offer every other day.

I would guess there are some kids out there like Loveday or Galloway or Leal etc. that Brannen would take in a heartbeat. Probably a few others that Brannen would take now so he can be more selective later in filling holes or landing a top level recruit.

Wish there was more to add here but I can't say we have a specific "right now" target for the next Dancing Bearcat. Multiple reports out right now on Austin Van Zyl who seems to be a 2019 prospect. Either we are moving more players out...or he reclassifies for 2020 but all signs are 2019 as of now.

Just too much going on to get a good handle on it all...

Yeah, just seen the Austin Van Zyl thing. Is he a juco guy? Says he’s 20 years old. To me, 2019 wouldn’t make any sense. We would have to get rid of a guy we just signed. We already have too many guys at the guard and wing spot.

cincyguy13 07-03-2019 10:55 AM

To sign Van Zyl, Trevor would be the odd man out, but it wouldn’t make much sense. You just signed 2 point guards and you have another one coming next year. Jarron can also handle the ball. This one is confusing. He did get an Indiana offer also.

waterhead 07-03-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincyguy13 (Post 200733)
Yeah, just seen the Austin Van Zyl thing. Is he a juco guy? Says he’s 20 years old. To me, 2019 wouldn’t make any sense. We would have to get rid of a guy we just signed. We already have too many guys at the guard and wing spot.

Apparently he went overseas and has all 4 years left. Very strange but definitely intriguing. I would have to guess the non Brannen recruits would be the next options to leave if this were a 2019 thing. And that would be either Moore or Gillam. But who knows. I can't imagine he would want to reclassify as 2020 considering his age but he did go overseas for 2 years so maybe it wouldn't be a big deal to him.

waterhead 07-03-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 200735)
Apparently he went overseas and has all 4 years left. Very strange but definitely intriguing. I would have to guess the non Brannen recruits would be the next options to leave if this were a 2019 thing. And that would be either Moore or Gillam. But who knows. I can't imagine he would want to reclassify as 2020 considering his age but he did go overseas for 2 years so maybe it wouldn't be a big deal to him.

Or perhaps one of the current Brannen recruits is having second thoughts or has grade issues??? Just very weird...unless the offer report is false.

waterhead 07-03-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 200736)
Or perhaps one of the current Brannen recruits is having second thoughts or has grade issues??? Just very weird...unless the offer report is false.

Based on video he can do it all. Shoot, pass, and handle

itsamemario 07-03-2019 11:09 AM

Van Zyl reported he was offered by IU. He was never offered by IU. Im willing to bet he wasnt offered by UC either. He is saying all of this, noone else. He is also saying hes meeting with NBA guys to maybe go pro. The guy shoots 18% from 3 and turns the ball over a lot. zero percent chance any of this is true

cincyguy13 07-03-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsamemario (Post 200738)
Van Zyl reported he was offered by IU. He was never offered by IU. Im willing to bet he wasnt offered by UC either. He is saying all of this, noone else. He is also saying hes meeting with NBA guys to maybe go pro. The guy shoots 18% from 3 and turns the ball over a lot. zero percent chance any of this is true

If that’s true, I respect his hussle. It would make more sense.