BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Season Updates (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12515)

TheLivingLegend 01-19-2021 11:43 AM

Season Updates
 
Will the Bearcats play a game the rest of the season. Temple canceled. Likely houston canceled.

Hopefully John busy watching film. Coming up with a new plan. But sounds like the Bearcats haven't practiced any.

TheRealMick 01-19-2021 02:01 PM

Hope we not quitting trying save face. You guys mentioned going on break for holidays was bad idea. Either way get well soon young men!

cincyguy13 01-19-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealMick (Post 210849)
Hope we not quitting trying save face. You guys mentioned going on break for holidays was bad idea. Either way get well soon young men!

We arenít the only ones going through this. You realize that right?

cincyguy13 01-19-2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend (Post 210848)
Will the Bearcats play a game the rest of the season. Temple canceled. Likely houston canceled.

Hopefully John busy watching film. Coming up with a new plan. But sounds like the Bearcats haven't practiced any.

They will finish the season. Probably not all the games but I donít think they have the option to quit. Iím sure they would like to play. Players always want to play, rather they suck or not. Iím sure the coaches want to see what kind of players they have going into next year and get as many practices as they can

TheLivingLegend 01-21-2021 07:16 PM

What makes this season acceptable?

TheRealMick 01-23-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend (Post 210853)
What makes this season acceptable?

If the Russian kid and the other brother at practice when start back up

justinhub2003 01-24-2021 11:25 AM

Normally Iíd be upset with UC not playing as itís all thatís going on that I care about this time of year. . But Iíve just picked up new hobbies.

Covid + poor UC basketball means my fandom never reaches the level it used to be at. Iíll be cancelling my season tickets (though depending on demand, I may buy them and sell them individually to make extra cash and attend a game or two) and pulling back my donations. If I do just cancel Iíll offer the season tickets to someone on this board.

So many people hurting financially right now that donating to athletic department of a school that to me clearly cares more about football is silly. Iím just going to take a wait & see approach, if In a few years, everything is stable then Iíll spend money again. But for now I got my refund for my season tickets and simply donated to a few causes and spent money on local restaurants.

Basketball is fun. But when itís no longer fun and watching your team is more painful than fun, then itís time to pack it in.

As for the resuming of play: whatís the point? It seems costly personally, financially and health wise to continue to play basketball in a losing season that doesnít affect eligibility. Just call it quits & live to fight another day. Send these kids home to be with their families. Because being 22 and completely isolated as an unpaid athlete is just stupid. If one kid has long term affects from Covid for playing an unpaid game, then itís 1 too many

Union Bearcat 01-25-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 210855)
Covid + poor UC basketball means my fandom never reaches the level it used to be at. Iíll be cancelling my season tickets (though depending on demand, I may buy them and sell them individually to make extra cash and attend a game or two) and pulling back my donations.

I'm right there with you.

TheLivingLegend 01-25-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Union Bearcat (Post 210856)
I'm right there with you.

Not sure if your new here... But agreeing with Justin is usually never wise.

waterhead 01-25-2021 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 210855)
Normally Iíd be upset with UC not playing as itís all thatís going on that I care about this time of year. . But Iíve just picked up new hobbies.

Covid + poor UC basketball means my fandom never reaches the level it used to be at. Iíll be cancelling my season tickets (though depending on demand, I may buy them and sell them individually to make extra cash and attend a game or two) and pulling back my donations. If I do just cancel Iíll offer the season tickets to someone on this board.

So many people hurting financially right now that donating to athletic department of a school that to me clearly cares more about football is silly. Iím just going to take a wait & see approach, if In a few years, everything is stable then Iíll spend money again. But for now I got my refund for my season tickets and simply donated to a few causes and spent money on local restaurants.

Basketball is fun. But when itís no longer fun and watching your team is more painful than fun, then itís time to pack it in.

As for the resuming of play: whatís the point? It seems costly personally, financially and health wise to continue to play basketball in a losing season that doesnít affect eligibility. Just call it quits & live to fight another day. Send these kids home to be with their families. Because being 22 and completely isolated as an unpaid athlete is just stupid. If one kid has long term affects from Covid for playing an unpaid game, then itís 1 too many

When we lost a few in a row I just started to be interested in watching player development and trying to get excited for the future. It is a different kind of enjoyment but it's also a lot less stressful than watching the end of so many close games that determine if we are on the bubble or not. If there is no success to follow then the enjoyment will obviously start to disappear.

I have enjoyed watching Eason and he is still on a leash right now so there is more to see. I was having some fun seeing Harvey start to come into his own. Davenport has been a great story. Seeing Mason so comfortable out there was a bit surprising. Watching growth and development is still worth tuning in for to me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.