BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Central Florida (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=9682)

jacobkdoyle 01-23-2015 10:44 AM

Central Florida

They are 9-9 overall and 2-5 in the conference. They lost 67-60 @UConn last night. Their conference losses have come vs.Tulsa, @Temple , vs.SMU, @Memphis, and @UConn. The thought of a Sunday afternoon game on the road in a half empty gym against a team who has played solid competition lately is a little scary. It'd be nice to play the whole game this time. We should win this game but the focus has to be there. 3 of their top 4 scorers have hit over 20 3s on the year AND they all shoot over 41%. Please get out of the zone for this one LD. Please. I'm begging you! Let's just play straight man ballhawking D and win the game. No need to let them hang around with a ton of outside shots.

I'll guess that we will be -9.

UC 69
UCF 63

Eternal E 01-23-2015 10:55 AM

UCF is one of the worst defensive teams in the country. UC has to avoid turnovers and poor shots and they'll win comfortably.

Cincinnati 72, Central Florida 55

#BearcatNation 01-23-2015 11:54 AM

I'll bet the line is closer to -6. Has anyone seen one yet?

We destroyed these guys in their gym last year. Completely different team now, but still. I think it'll look a little ugly at times, but I'm expecting a double digit win. Would love to see Shaq continue getting more comfortable. Attack only when necessary. If you've got a 10-15 foot jumper, just take it.

UC 68
UCF 56

jacobkdoyle 01-23-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BearcatNation (Post 102091)
I'll bet the line is closer to -6. Has anyone seen one yet?

We destroyed these guys in their gym last year. Completely different team now, but still. I think it'll look a little ugly at times, but I'm expecting a double digit win. Would love to see Shaq continue getting more comfortable. Attack only when necessary. If you've got a 10-15 foot jumper, just take it.

UC 68
UCF 56

Tomorrow afternoon they will be posting the opening line.

waterhead 01-23-2015 02:21 PM

I will be at the game. Live in Orlando...it's a home game for me:) I wish we had USF twice this year too. And when are we going to play UCF in football? Geesh!

UCalum08 01-23-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 102094)
I will be at the game. Live in Orlando...it's a home game for me:) I wish we had USF twice this year too. And when are we going to play UCF in football? Geesh!

Lucky! Enjoy the game, cheer loud! I agree with Eternal E, if we limit our turnovers and keep out offense moving we should be in good shape. This is surely not an easy win. It will be fun to watch McBride who weighs in a 325 lbs play against DeBerry. Its time we get a road conference win and a must win if we want to stay in the conference race.

AZ BEARCAT 01-23-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 102094)

You beat me to the punch on no football. LOL. How is the weather in Orlando this week, we should be near 80s next week with the pro/super bowl and Tiger Woods in the Phoenix open BUT I will be watching the bearcats and the game before on CBSsports Sunday! GO CATS!!!

jacobkdoyle 01-24-2015 01:24 PM

Opened at -9

jacobkdoyle 01-25-2015 08:34 AM

This could be a good game for Shaq. They aren't good at defense and LD mentioned that they don't have many guys between 6'5" and 6'7". Hopefully he keeps stickung to the things that make him successful.

Doogle 01-25-2015 10:44 AM

My concern is that it's a young, good offensive team that shoots well from 3. That corner 3 UC routinely gives up is troubling. If the 'Cats regress to stagnant offense with poor passing, it could be a tough game because I'm guessing UCF will pack the zone in tight.

The good news is that the fellas have been much, much better offensively as of late, and if they continue the upward trend they should be fine.

UC 75
UCF 68