BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Football (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Navy (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12137)

beeman7467 11-02-2018 09:48 PM

Navy

Football game tomorrow. Not that anyone cares. Time is better spent wringing hands over the margin of victory in an EXHIBITION basketball game last night against a D2 team.

But I digress. The Bearcats had no answers last year against the option. Seemed slow to react and unsure of where the ball was going. I expect that to change on Saturday. Defense gave up 42 points last year. Don’t see that happening at Nippert. If the Bearcats put up 32 like last year, it should be enough.

Cats win comfortably by 14.

AZ BEARCAT 11-02-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeman7467 (Post 191732)
Football game tomorrow. Not that anyone cares. Time is better spent wringing hands over the margin of victory in an EXHIBITION basketball game last night against a D2 team.

But I digress. The Bearcats had no answers last year against the option. Seemed slow to react and unsure of where the ball was going. I expect that to change on Saturday. Defense gave up 42 points last year. Don’t see that happening at Nippert. If the Bearcats put up 32 like last year, it should be enough.

agree !! Virginia lost to Pitt #ranked 25. UC takes care of business Saturday they should be back in top 25 with home wins against Navy and South Florida. Cincinnati fans need to relax. 38-6 to date with basketball and football is not bad. There are a lot of fans around the country that would really enjoy this moment !

WAITE HOYT 2 11-03-2018 07:25 AM

Had this game marked as a must win at the beginning of the year. Getting to 8-1 would be very nice heading into two very tough games.

WAITE HOYT 2 11-03-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeman7467 (Post 191732)

will be very telling about the state of this program if this game is not a sell out. Beautiful day and a 7-1 team to root for. If you want a good program get off your asses and support the team. You got a coach who has elevated the performance and stature, he is a mid west guy who is young, energized and good at what he does. If you won't go see them now don't cry when he bolts for a better opportunity and the program ends up in the toilet.

WAITE HOYT 2 11-03-2018 07:41 AM

Stopping the triple option will be a big key Navy killed us with it last year. The QB is a very efficient runner who can make a defense look very bad

david aka the TYZ 11-03-2018 12:28 PM

Defense has been good against the run all year. That will have to continue today. Looking forward to losing my voice either way, haha. Go Bearcats!!

Mcginnjw 11-03-2018 04:10 PM

Great first half...finally didn’t spot a team 10 points to start.

Mcginnjw 11-03-2018 04:44 PM

Incredible job by our D today. Can we give Freeman a lifetime contract and pay him whatever he wants?

beeman7467 11-03-2018 07:25 PM

I think the most complete game of the season so far. Defense miles ahead of where they were last year against this team. Offense clicking. Little scary when Ridder went out, but he seemed fine when he came back in. Not sure of the attendance, but from my seats it looked to be a good crowd.

david aka the TYZ 11-03-2018 08:11 PM

D did a great job. We've been good against the run so I was hoping we could slow them down. We did more than that. Perfect game planning against them, although it shouldn't be that hard when you know they are going to run 95 percent of the time, should it? For the life of me I dont understand their gameplan in today's landscape. While last year they had the weapons and I'll assume the offensive line to be successful with it, they just got destroyed today and yet kept going with the same three plays over and over and over and over.