BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Future teams (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12191)

waterhead 05-04-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 (Post 198859)
With a full compliment of player we should expect a sweet 16 at least. All this talk about improvement i don't got time to waiste or pardon years to give. Hell in yr one Kevin Ollie led UConn to a chip

Well at least you’re okay with comparing apples and oranges. I mean there is literally no difference between Ollie and Brannnen in terms of the situation right? Also, If Cronins players all pick up his system right away at UCLA then he was duping us all along.

justinhub2003 05-04-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 198854)
Also like Scrubb and Loveday for 2020. I haven’t checked through all the lists. Not big on M Saunders

Mark my word. Loveday isn’t coming to cincinnati

Mick was in on Nasir little before major schools even knew who he was.

Offering a 5 star recruit shouldn’t get you any kind of credit.

Loveday will not play a cincinnati. If he does I’ll be happy and donate a 100 bucks to charity.

And Scrubb is picking up big offers. That Won’t be an easy get.

justinhub2003 05-04-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alum2013 (Post 198858)
We weren't a top 15 all of last year and certainly weren't on pace to be this year so that's just blatantly false. Curtis decommitted from Xaxier to come to us following Mack's departure so clearly he didn't want to come here that bad. Again, blatantly false.

So Cronin loses Downey, our best player and future almost all American and Brannen loses Brooks...a mediocre AAC player who can't not foul out in 20min of play and he's the worst?

Dude

Before Cronin left, every publication had us top 20

Now, with a new coach and the losses, we aren’t even in the honorable mention.

justinhub2003 05-04-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblade (Post 198861)
I don't think we should have been top 15 last year (lots of close wins). But I agree that this year we should definitely be top 15 if everyone returns, some of the early top 25's had us in the 5-10 range.

And Brooks was definitely better then mediocre, but the new thing seems to immediately downgrade the abilities of anyone who leaves our program. Brooks was arguably the 2nd best player (and definitely a top 3 player) on a top 25 team and on track to have an excellent senior season.

By the numbers... Brooks was the 2nd most important player on the floor. His on / off numbers were shocking.

We sucked when he went to the bench especially on defense.

He will be missed. I still hope he stays, he came back to cincinnati to support his teammates graduating. He didn’t have to do that. Classes are out

waterhead 05-04-2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 198863)
Mark my word. Loveday isn’t coming to cincinnati

Mick was in on Nasir little before major schools even knew who he was.

Offering a 5 star recruit shouldn’t get you any kind of credit.

Loveday will not play a cincinnati. If he does I’ll be happy and donate a 100 bucks to charity.

And Scrubb is picking up big offers. That Won’t be an easy get.

Well do you want to offer good players or complain about the 2 star guys who they recruited for nku?

justinhub2003 05-04-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 198866)
Well do you want to offer good players or complain about the 2 star guys who they recruited for nku?

I appreciate him trying.

But I just don’t care to consider him a real target. But I’d absolutely love to be wrong

Alum2013 05-04-2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 198865)
By the numbers... Brooks was the 2nd most important player on the floor. His on / off numbers were shocking.

We sucked when he went to the bench especially on defense.

He will be missed. I still hope he stays, he came back to cincinnati to support his teammates graduating. He didn’t have to do that. Classes are out

I'm not saying Brooks was mediocre because he wasn't good. He certainly has the talent to be a really good player. But in his 3 years of playing at UC he couldn't learn how to stay on the floor for more than about 20min. That's not a top player. I'm sorry but you can't average like 20min and be considered more than mediocre. You literally only player half the game.

And if Cumberland leaves I can guarantee you none of those rankings have us in the top 25. Him leaving has nothing to do with Cronin.

Get off your knees and breath some fresh, non Mick stank, air mate.

Quadri's #1 fan 05-05-2019 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 198867)
I appreciate him trying.

But I just don’t care to consider him a real target. But I’d absolutely love to be wrong

I will continue to hold your opinion in high regard.

Queens_NYC 05-05-2019 05:29 AM

FWIW, J-Hub isn't blowing smoke about Loveday. I wouldn't expect us to make his final list although that would be great.

cincycpaw 05-05-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 198867)
I appreciate him trying.

Because you are used to Cronin’s recruiting.

Might not be a realistic option, but again, can we wait more than 3 weeks?