BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   @Tulane (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12048)

jacobkdoyle 02-25-2018 06:39 PM

@Tulane

Game is Thursday at 9 PM on ESPN

Queens_NYC 02-25-2018 06:53 PM

Senior Night for the Green Wave.

Tulane's last home win came on January 17th... against...

HOUSTON! (81-72)

Since then they've gone 2-8 but only one of the losses has been by more than 11 points (ironically a 31-point loss at Houston).

They're up there with Temple as the erratic team in the AAC this season

WAITE HOYT 2 02-26-2018 09:11 AM

Can't get caught looking ahead to WSU. Don't think this will be a cake walk.

jacobkdoyle 02-26-2018 09:23 AM

Hopefully Evans has some family there. And if he does indeed go pro, this could be like a Senior Night for him.

Quadri's #1 fan 02-26-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 185426)
Hopefully Evans has some family there. And if he does indeed go pro, this could be like a Senior Night for him.

I would be astonished if he goes pro.

Defense first 02-26-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadri's #1 fan (Post 185473)
I would be astonished if he goes pro.

Wouldn't be surprised if he tests the waters but I don't think he will go pro either. Going to be leant on more next year. His numbers will be better come his senior year.

justinhub2003 02-26-2018 03:00 PM

Im a little concerned this maybe another game where Kyle Struggles defensively.

Tulane will spread you out and shoot from every position. Cam Reynolds is 6'8 and has taken 164 3's this year and their 6'9 SO big man has taken 46 3's and both are shooting at 35% or so.

Melvin Frazier is an NBA prospect who is hitting 39% from 3 and hitting an outright amazing 67% of his 2 point shots.

UC will need to contain both Frazier and Reynolds. Reynolds combined for 37 points in 2 games against UC last season.

Also Rey Ona Embo is playing really well as well and is shooting 38% from 3.

I Know I'll get killed for saying this; but I don't expect a UC blow out, at least to start the game. Tulane will be fired up for its senior Cam Reynolds and they have the offensive and athletic firepower to get our defense moving.

The bright side is that they don't defend at all

Queens_NYC 02-26-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 185475)
Im a little concerned this maybe another game where Kyle Struggles defensively.

Tulane will spread you out and shoot from every position. Cam Reynolds is 6'8 and has taken 164 3's this year and their 6'9 SO big man has taken 46 3's and both are shooting at 35% or so.

Melvin Frazier is an NBA prospect who is hitting 39% from 3 and hitting an outright amazing 67% of his 2 point shots.

UC will need to contain both Frazier and Reynolds. Reynolds combined for 37 points in 2 games against UC last season.

Also Rey Ona Embo is playing really well as well and is shooting 38% from 3.

I Know I'll get killed for saying this; but I don't expect a UC blow out, at least to start the game. Tulane will be fired up for its senior Cam Reynolds and they have the offensive and athletic firepower to get our defense moving.

The bright side is that they don't defend at all

Tulane has a very solid starting 5 (if you include Sehic as a starter) that on their best day can compete with anyone in the conference.

If we can get Reynolds, Frazier or Sehic (or all 3 of them) in foul trouble early, there'll be a big drop-off in the quality of player they'll bring off the bench, and that's how we'd be able to break the game open.

WAITE HOYT 2 02-27-2018 08:36 AM

Need to get back to playing some serious defense. Our season is right in front of us. Two league games to decide the title and conference tourney right around the corner. Would love to be undisputed league champion and number 1 seed in our conference tourney.

waterhead 02-27-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens_NYC (Post 185493)
Tulane has a very solid starting 5 (if you include Sehic as a starter) that on their best day can compete with anyone in the conference.

If we can get Reynolds, Frazier or Sehic (or all 3 of them) in foul trouble early, there'll be a big drop-off in the quality of player they'll bring off the bench, and that's how we'd be able to break the game open.

They do have some talent and they can get hot. There is little doubt they will be fully energized to have a top 10 team come in on senior night. I don't know why they are so hit or miss but I would guess because they don't play as a team very well. I think we need to expect them to give us their best shot and that is enough to worry me. We need to come out with high intensity and crush their hopes early on. We still control our destiny in conference!!