BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Cronin's Corner (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Urban Meyer back at it? (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=5143)

ready2go 11-17-2011 09:45 PM

Urban Meyer back at it?

Deal may be close with him and TOSU

DontMissHim 11-17-2011 09:50 PM

I'll be interested in how he does at a big time college without Tebow. (What was his record the year after Tebow left? I honestly can't remember)

ready2go 11-17-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontMissHim (Post 38733)
I'll be interested in how he does at a big time college without Tebow. (What was his record the year after Tebow left? I honestly can't remember)

Haha

They went to the Outback Bowl. Not sure the record. Just as long he brings and entertaining offense. Tressel ball was boring

Bearcat_NTS 11-17-2011 10:49 PM

Could have seen this coming from the minute tressel was fired. Once he retired it was a really a race between OSU and Notre Dame to see which job would open up first.

DontMissHim 11-17-2011 10:57 PM

I don't see the ND job opening up any time soon. I think Kelly has them in the right direction

Bearcat_NTS 11-18-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontMissHim (Post 38736)
I don't see the ND job opening up any time soon. I think Kelly has them in the right direction

Exactly, thats why he will probably take the OSU job. I was saying those were the only two jobs I could see him taking.

JasonS 11-18-2011 12:30 PM

This is not a done deal and according to people in the know in Columbus, nothing will be done about the job opening until after the season. No contract talks have even been started so the online report was incorrect.

ready2go 11-18-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonS (Post 38761)
This is not a done deal and according to people in the know in Columbus, nothing will be done about the job opening until after the season. No contract talks have even been started so the online report was incorrect.

Correct. As I said a deal is close. Meaning, Urban has not been offered one yet.

However I am hearing from sources inside the program that a coach will be decided before the bowl game for recruiting purposes

JasonS 11-18-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ready2go (Post 38762)
Correct. As I said a deal is close. Meaning, Urban has not been offered one yet.

However I am hearing from sources inside the program that a coach will be decided before the bowl game for recruiting purposes

I don't doubt this one bit. BTW that coach will not be Fickel. Also, Urban's dad passed away last Friday (according to some sources; haven't had time to confirm) . I find it hard to believe OSU would be so bold to contact him about this during the week when he has other things on his mind.

ready2go 11-18-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonS (Post 38769)
I don't doubt this one bit. BTW that coach will not be Fickel. Also, Urban's dad passed away last Friday (according to some sources; haven't had time to confirm) . I find it hard to believe OSU would be so bold to contact him about this during the week when he has other things on his mind.

Did no know that. Sad.

As for Fickell I'd like to see him retain the D Coordinator position, not sure how he would feel about that though