BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   2019 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   '19 OH SG Samari Curtis (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12107)

GarradJ21 08-03-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nati lite (Post 190873)
I agree, now we just need Tandy and Martin Jr. for this class. If we can pick up them I think that will have to be the best recruiting class in the AAC...well maybe second behind Memphis.

I would think Tandy and Martin Jr have no shot of coming here.

GarradJ21 08-03-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 190870)
This pickup needs more love! I think the last game we played killed a lot of the excitement that this would have generated. I understand the buzz kill we all had to endure but it's still a great get!

I really look forward to seeing him play here!!

Youre right! I'm pumped.

cincycpaw 08-03-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 190879)
I would think Tandy and Martin Jr have no shot of coming here.

Why is that?

Can't we recruit a PG and PF/SF after getting a commit from a SG/combo?

GarradJ21 08-03-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincycpaw (Post 190881)
Why is that?

Can't we recruit a PG and PF/SF after getting a commit from a SG/combo?

Tandy and Curtis are both SG Combos. You would need to hear from Chad but doesn't seem like Tandy is realistic anymore.

And I don't think Kmart Jr was ever a real thing happening.

GarradJ21 08-03-2018 10:00 AM

Def want to check out one of Xenias basketball games this year. I wonder what was the ultimate reason why he chose X over UC in the first place. It doesn't matter now, but just curious.

justinhub2003 08-03-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nati lite (Post 190873)
I agree, now we just need Tandy and Martin Jr. for this class. If we can pick up them I think that will have to be the best recruiting class in the AAC...well maybe second behind Memphis.

Yea we are pretty much out of the running for Tandy.. and I don't think we even are pushing for Kenyon Martin JR at all.

I could see him playing for Memphis before every playing for UC.

And I'm sad about either one of those things. Tandy's dad is Lavar Ball 2.0 and Kenyon Martin had some shitty things to say about Cronin when we lost to Nevada (even though, in 4 years he never made it past the 2nd round himself).

justinhub2003 08-03-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 190883)
Def want to check out one of Xenias basketball games this year. I wonder what was the ultimate reason why he chose X over UC in the first place. It doesn't matter now, but just curious.

Travis Steele was going let him sleep with his wife.. But then backed out last minute due to some jealously concerns. Mick sold him on the idea that UC girls are hotter than Xavier girls and like any sensible teenager, He chose the muff feast over the big east.

Pretty much the jist of it. Samari is my cousin's next door neighbors ex-Boyfriends dog sitter and we heard that from him.

waterhead 08-03-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 190882)
Tandy and Curtis are both SG Combos. You would need to hear from Chad but doesn't seem like Tandy is realistic anymore.

And Mills? Any chance with him now that Curtis is aboard?

justinhub2003 08-03-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 190887)
And Mills? Any chance with him now that Curtis is aboard?

Gonna have to get that info from Bearcat journal. Just not out in the public yet

mdchick 08-03-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 190882)

If you go on his Twitter, he pinned the tweet that we offered... that’s got to account for something.