BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   2019 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   '19 OH SG Samari Curtis (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12107)

GarradJ21 08-01-2018 12:13 PM

'19 OH SG Samari Curtis

Samari Curtis Commits to Cincinnati!!!!!!

Big time. Our first commit in the 2019 class and it's a Xavier flip. I love it.

indydoug 08-01-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 190840)
Samari Curtis Commits to Cincinnati!!!!!!

Big time. Our first commit in the 2019 class and it's a Xavier flip. I love it.

Doubly good---4* and XU steal! Love this signing

waterhead 08-01-2018 12:34 PM

Well this is very good news and somewhat unexpected! Would love to get Tandy or Mills but honestly I was just hoping for 1 of the 3. Two of them would be a bonus!

Welcome aboard Samari! I love the stop and go action he has. Not sure about his shot form but he seems to get it off pretty quick and with accuracy.

cincycpaw 08-01-2018 12:39 PM

Terrific news!!!

cincrulz11 08-01-2018 01:20 PM

im not sure if im happier we got him, or the fact that its gonna piss xavier fans off so much

indydoug 08-01-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincrulz11 (Post 190844)
im not sure if im happier we got him, or the fact that its gonna piss xavier fans off so much

Yeah, he might get heckled a bit at Cintas! LOL!

blount 08-01-2018 04:25 PM

great pick up

david aka the TYZ 08-01-2018 05:07 PM

Great news, welcome to the bearcats!!

Mcginnjw 08-01-2018 06:12 PM

This is awesome news. I was pissed when Xavier landed him. This will just add another great element to rivalry.

AZ BEARCAT 08-01-2018 07:01 PM

GO UC !!! GREAT GET !!!!!!

AZ BEARCAT 08-01-2018 07:33 PM

SAMARI CURTIS
CG 6-4 180 CLASS OF 19
XENIA, OH

(XENIA)

— 247SPORTS COMPOSITE —
NATL.
CG
OH
Cincinnati
CINCINNATI
HARD COMMIT
8/1/2018 Will his stock keep rising after his commit to UC

WAITE HOYT 2 08-02-2018 07:54 AM

Great News!!! Welcome aboard.

waterhead 08-03-2018 07:29 AM

This pickup needs more love! I think the last game we played killed a lot of the excitement that this would have generated. I understand the buzz kill we all had to endure but it's still a great get!

I really look forward to seeing him play here!!

cincycpaw 08-03-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 190870)
This pickup needs more love! I think the last game we played killed a lot of the excitement that this would have generated. I understand the buzz kill we all had to endure but it's still a great get!

Yeah I know what you mean....this is an amazing get. Very excited to have this kid as a Bearcat. But I too am struggling to get overly excited...need games to tip off to get back into the groove I guess.

Nati lite 08-03-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincycpaw (Post 190872)
Yeah I know what you mean....this is an amazing get. Very excited to have this kid as a Bearcat. But I too am struggling to get overly excited...need games to tip off to get back into the groove I guess.

I agree, now we just need Tandy and Martin Jr. for this class. If we can pick up them I think that will have to be the best recruiting class in the AAC...well maybe second behind Memphis.

AZ BEARCAT 08-03-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nati lite (Post 190873)
I agree, now we just need Tandy and Martin Jr. for this class. If we can pick up them I think that will have to be the best recruiting class in the AAC...well maybe second behind Memphis.

or Caleb Mills.

waterhead 08-03-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincycpaw (Post 190872)

Yah. Had we beat Nevada and maybe won another game this thread would be on page 10 by now. If you don't believe that go back and look at the threads of our commits the past two years. Even the question mark recruits were getting 12+ pages and many recruits were getting 20+.

Curtis deserves to be talked about a lot!! I don't care what fans think of the coach...the fans who want the program to be great should be all over this one. I am certainly not a Cronin for life guy right now...but we need high level recruits to keep committing to keep our program on solid ground.

The recruits want to feel appreciated and welcomed...even desired.

Cin City 08-03-2018 08:26 AM

I hope that JC has a great year but would love to see him back as a senior to play alongside Curtis. I believe Curtis will be a really good player for us and look forward to watching him.

cincycpaw 08-03-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 190875)
Yah. Had we beat Nevada and maybe won another game this thread would be on page 10 by now. If you don't believe that go back and look at the threads of our commits the past two years. Even the question mark recruits were getting 12+ pages and many recruits were getting 20+.

Curtis deserves to be talked about a lot!! I don't care what fans think of the coach...the fans who want the program to be great should be all over this one. I am certainly not a Cronin for life guy right now...but we need high level recruits to keep committing to keep our program on solid ground.

The recruits want to feel appreciated and welcomed...even desired.

Can’t disagree.

waterhead 08-03-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cin City (Post 190876)
I hope that JC has a great year but would love to see him back as a senior to play alongside Curtis. I believe Curtis will be a really good player for us and look forward to watching him.

Not that I don't think Curtis would be capable because I think he probably will...but even Cumberland only played 19 mpg his frosh year and KJ played like 28 mpg. We will have Williams, Moore, Fredericks on the roster.

I think 20 minutes is doable but Cronin doesn't give his frosh much more than that unless there is a glaring need to. Curtis looks like a stud but there will be plenty of competition.

And, I too hope that Cumberland is here all 4 years. We would have Scott and Brooks as seniors as well. Johnson as a soph and 1 of about 3 or 4 more wings to fill out that starting lineup. Williams, Moore, Fredericks, and maybe a player TBD (Tandy or Mills please).

GarradJ21 08-03-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

I would think Tandy and Martin Jr have no shot of coming here.

GarradJ21 08-03-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 190870)

Youre right! I'm pumped.

cincycpaw 08-03-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 190879)
I would think Tandy and Martin Jr have no shot of coming here.

Why is that?

Can't we recruit a PG and PF/SF after getting a commit from a SG/combo?

GarradJ21 08-03-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincycpaw (Post 190881)
Why is that?

Can't we recruit a PG and PF/SF after getting a commit from a SG/combo?

Tandy and Curtis are both SG Combos. You would need to hear from Chad but doesn't seem like Tandy is realistic anymore.

And I don't think Kmart Jr was ever a real thing happening.

GarradJ21 08-03-2018 10:00 AM

Def want to check out one of Xenias basketball games this year. I wonder what was the ultimate reason why he chose X over UC in the first place. It doesn't matter now, but just curious.

justinhub2003 08-03-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Yea we are pretty much out of the running for Tandy.. and I don't think we even are pushing for Kenyon Martin JR at all.

I could see him playing for Memphis before every playing for UC.

And I'm sad about either one of those things. Tandy's dad is Lavar Ball 2.0 and Kenyon Martin had some shitty things to say about Cronin when we lost to Nevada (even though, in 4 years he never made it past the 2nd round himself).

justinhub2003 08-03-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 190883)
Def want to check out one of Xenias basketball games this year. I wonder what was the ultimate reason why he chose X over UC in the first place. It doesn't matter now, but just curious.

Travis Steele was going let him sleep with his wife.. But then backed out last minute due to some jealously concerns. Mick sold him on the idea that UC girls are hotter than Xavier girls and like any sensible teenager, He chose the muff feast over the big east.

Pretty much the jist of it. Samari is my cousin's next door neighbors ex-Boyfriends dog sitter and we heard that from him.

waterhead 08-03-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 190882)
Tandy and Curtis are both SG Combos. You would need to hear from Chad but doesn't seem like Tandy is realistic anymore.

And Mills? Any chance with him now that Curtis is aboard?

justinhub2003 08-03-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 190887)
And Mills? Any chance with him now that Curtis is aboard?

Gonna have to get that info from Bearcat journal. Just not out in the public yet

mdchick 08-03-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 190882)

If you go on his Twitter, he pinned the tweet that we offered... that’s got to account for something.

justinhub2003 08-03-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchick (Post 190892)
If you go on his Twitter, he pinned the tweet that we offered... that’s got to account for something.

Gonna have see it before I believe he is coming to UC.

Chad Brendel 08-03-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinhub2003 (Post 190893)
Gonna have see it before I believe he is coming to UC.

He’s not coming to UC. Zero point zero percent chance...

justinhub2003 08-03-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad Brendel (Post 190894)
He’s not coming to UC. Zero point zero percent chance...

Thought so.

indydoug 08-05-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT (Post 190874)
or Caleb Mills.

Mills to Houston
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...s-13133178.php

XUArizona 08-07-2018 12:46 PM

Obviously an XU guy, but when he didn't recommit it was disappointing. Curtis could be a really special player. His shot is a tad suspect but the mechanics are there. The kid is also very athletic. His issue and his issue with us was that he wants to be a PG in college and not a SG or combo. I would imagine both Broome and Jenifer graduating he see a lot of time at the point. This is a great steal, if he can be convinced he isn't more than a backup ball handler.

GarradJ21 08-07-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XUArizona (Post 190950)
Obviously an XU guy, but when he didn't recommit it was disappointing. Curtis could be a really special player. His shot is a tad suspect but the mechanics are there. The kid is also very athletic. His issue and his issue with us was that he wants to be a PG in college and not a SG or combo. I would imagine both Broome and Jenifer graduating he see a lot of time at the point. This is a great steal, if he can be convinced he isn't more than a backup ball handler.

I know where youre coming from but I don't know if it's entirely accurate. Articles have came out since his commitment and said it's not necessarily that he needs to be pg but he likes the ball in his hands. Cronin and staff stressed to him that if you work hard and you are scoring threat and play maker (Cumberland and Evans) you'll be able to benefit in our offense and have the plays run through you. I don't think Samari will truly be just our backup pg but def could see him running it at times just like Evans did. Logan Johnson and hopefully a 2019 or 2020 recruit will be more of our go to point guard is my guess, but again, I could see plenty times throughout the game, a bigger lineup with Samari running the show later on in his career.

TheShoeFits 08-17-2018 10:33 AM

Samari Curtis jumped in the 247 rankings.

He went from 112 nationally to jumping 14 spots and cracking the top 100 coming in at 98. Also went from the 12th best combo guard to 10th and his composite rose from 92 to 95.

mdchick 12-09-2018 04:43 PM

Averaging 31 pts and 6 ast through 4 games this season.

mdchick 12-25-2018 08:03 AM

https://youtu.be/OK0DsCz5AT4

mdchick 01-11-2019 02:30 PM

Scored 47 the other night, he is averaging 31.7 ppg/ this kid is gonna be special