BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Barclays Center Classic (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=10422)

Bearcat_NTS 11-24-2015 09:18 PM

Barclays Center Classic

Game will be on channel 64 locally on Friday. Some things I saw tonight scared me a bit, particularly how weak Ellis has been in the post all season. If our guards don't make shots this is going to be a close game.

TheLongHaul 11-24-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS (Post 120724)
Game will be on channel 64 locally on Friday. Some things I saw tonight scared me a bit, particularly how weak Ellis has been in the post all season. If our guards don't make shots this is going to be a close game.

Agreed about Ellis, but the guards need to make a much better effort in getting the ball to the post. Mick has mentioned that it needs to be a priority but I haven't seen it yet. Granted, the big men need to do a better job sealing their defender but so far this season the guards refuse to throw the ball down low. Ellis has had good position numerous times per game and just hasn't gotten the ball.

jacobkdoyle 11-24-2015 10:10 PM

UC 77
Nebraska 58

I'm hoping Shields and White don't shoot well, and our guys bounce back. I like Evans vs man to man defense. He might end up 3rd or 4th on the team in scoring. We need to come out with a lot of energy. No reason we shouldn't win both games this weekend.

Bearcat_NTS 11-24-2015 10:43 PM

Predicting UC to be -11.

cincrulz11 11-24-2015 11:43 PM

Mick mentioned the team hadn't really practiced against man defense yet and he expected tonight to be a struggle. They'll probably be much more prepared Friday.

waterhead 11-25-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLongHaul (Post 120728)
Agreed about Ellis, but the guards need to make a much better effort in getting the ball to the post. Mick has mentioned that it needs to be a priority but I haven't seen it yet. Granted, the big men need to do a better job sealing their defender but so far this season the guards refuse to throw the ball down low. Ellis has had good position numerous times per game and just hasn't gotten the ball.

Yes I agree. I heard about his improved footwork but it's not really apparent so far. I also agree the guards are missing the opportunity to feed the post a lot. Evans has absolutely no problem getting it down there almost at will. Caupain is better at it from the wing. KJ and Cobb struggle with it. Thomas is not as good as he should be for his height. Jenifer is pretty good at getting in the lane and attracting people to dish to a big on the block...also pretty good with the lob over the defender.

jacobkdoyle 11-25-2015 10:55 AM

KJ actually made a post pass last night...but Moore was straight up and couldn't seal. I think we'll be working a lot on that.

As for Ellis...he doesn't have to finish right at the rim every single time he gets it in the post. He tries to force his way all the way in. He is tall enough that he can get his shot off over the top. I'd like to see him work from 10-12 feet more often.

BC21 11-25-2015 01:23 PM

I don't like the idea of depending on our bigs as first option. Just my personal opinion that we've got the results we've gotten by allowing our guards to play their games. My first priority would be getting Cobb going and once he gets going, watch the floor open up for our Bigs.

Bearcat_NTS 11-25-2015 01:41 PM

I would like to see more lineups with Shaq at the 4 spot. You could start Shaq at the three, if he's not going early you pull him for Evans and then bring Shaq in at the 4 to sub Clark (rather than bringing in Moore).

waterhead 11-25-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS (Post 120794)
I would like to see more lineups with Shaq at the 4 spot. You could start Shaq at the three, if he's not going early you pull him for Evans and then bring Shaq in at the 4 to sub Clark (rather than bringing in Moore).

I think I'm ready for Shaq to be the #2 backup plan for Clark after DeBerry. I really still don't see Moore being used in crucial games.