BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   2019 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   '19 OH SG Samari Curtis (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12107)

AZ BEARCAT 08-01-2018 07:33 PM

SAMARI CURTIS
CG 6-4 180 CLASS OF 19
XENIA, OH

(XENIA)

— 247SPORTS COMPOSITE —
NATL.
CG
OH
Cincinnati
CINCINNATI
HARD COMMIT
8/1/2018 Will his stock keep rising after his commit to UC

WAITE HOYT 2 08-02-2018 07:54 AM

Great News!!! Welcome aboard.

waterhead 08-03-2018 07:29 AM

This pickup needs more love! I think the last game we played killed a lot of the excitement that this would have generated. I understand the buzz kill we all had to endure but it's still a great get!

I really look forward to seeing him play here!!

cincycpaw 08-03-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 190870)
This pickup needs more love! I think the last game we played killed a lot of the excitement that this would have generated. I understand the buzz kill we all had to endure but it's still a great get!

I really look forward to seeing him play here!!

Yeah I know what you mean....this is an amazing get. Very excited to have this kid as a Bearcat. But I too am struggling to get overly excited...need games to tip off to get back into the groove I guess.

Nati lite 08-03-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincycpaw (Post 190872)
Yeah I know what you mean....this is an amazing get. Very excited to have this kid as a Bearcat. But I too am struggling to get overly excited...need games to tip off to get back into the groove I guess.

I agree, now we just need Tandy and Martin Jr. for this class. If we can pick up them I think that will have to be the best recruiting class in the AAC...well maybe second behind Memphis.

AZ BEARCAT 08-03-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nati lite (Post 190873)
I agree, now we just need Tandy and Martin Jr. for this class. If we can pick up them I think that will have to be the best recruiting class in the AAC...well maybe second behind Memphis.

or Caleb Mills.

waterhead 08-03-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincycpaw (Post 190872)

Yah. Had we beat Nevada and maybe won another game this thread would be on page 10 by now. If you don't believe that go back and look at the threads of our commits the past two years. Even the question mark recruits were getting 12+ pages and many recruits were getting 20+.

Curtis deserves to be talked about a lot!! I don't care what fans think of the coach...the fans who want the program to be great should be all over this one. I am certainly not a Cronin for life guy right now...but we need high level recruits to keep committing to keep our program on solid ground.

The recruits want to feel appreciated and welcomed...even desired.

Cin City 08-03-2018 08:26 AM

I hope that JC has a great year but would love to see him back as a senior to play alongside Curtis. I believe Curtis will be a really good player for us and look forward to watching him.

cincycpaw 08-03-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhead (Post 190875)
Yah. Had we beat Nevada and maybe won another game this thread would be on page 10 by now. If you don't believe that go back and look at the threads of our commits the past two years. Even the question mark recruits were getting 12+ pages and many recruits were getting 20+.

Curtis deserves to be talked about a lot!! I don't care what fans think of the coach...the fans who want the program to be great should be all over this one. I am certainly not a Cronin for life guy right now...but we need high level recruits to keep committing to keep our program on solid ground.

The recruits want to feel appreciated and welcomed...even desired.

Can’t disagree.

waterhead 08-03-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cin City (Post 190876)
I hope that JC has a great year but would love to see him back as a senior to play alongside Curtis. I believe Curtis will be a really good player for us and look forward to watching him.

Not that I don't think Curtis would be capable because I think he probably will...but even Cumberland only played 19 mpg his frosh year and KJ played like 28 mpg. We will have Williams, Moore, Fredericks on the roster.

I think 20 minutes is doable but Cronin doesn't give his frosh much more than that unless there is a glaring need to. Curtis looks like a stud but there will be plenty of competition.

And, I too hope that Cumberland is here all 4 years. We would have Scott and Brooks as seniors as well. Johnson as a soph and 1 of about 3 or 4 more wings to fill out that starting lineup. Williams, Moore, Fredericks, and maybe a player TBD (Tandy or Mills please).