BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   2020 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   '20 NY Symir Torrence (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12135)

GarradJ21 10-30-2018 08:20 AM

'20 NY Symir Torrence

Symir Torrence:
6'3"
Syracuse, New York
Vermont Academy
Class: 2020

According to 247Sports he's a 4 star with a national rank of 50!

Official visit for the OSU game. Would be a huge get. Recently had official visits recently to Butler and Marquette.

tonka 11-02-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 191610)
Symir Torrence:
6'3"
Syracuse, New York
Vermont Academy
Class: 2020

According to 247Sports he's a 4 star with a national rank of 50!

Official visit for the OSU game. Would be a huge get. Recently had official visits recently to Butler and Marquette.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five-decision-time-for-boogie-

AZ BEARCAT 11-03-2018 08:28 AM

2. TOP 50 JUNIOR TORRENCE IN THE MIDST OF OFFICIAL VISITS

NATIONAL

-

STATE
POSITION
SYMIR
TORRENCE
RANK
N/A
6'3" | 180 LBS | PG
VERMONT ACADEMY
SAXTONS RIVER, VT
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED
One of the most competitive defenders and guards in the class of 2020 could have something cooking on the recruiting front.

Tough-as-nails guard Symir Torrence just wrapped up an official visit to Butler over the weekend and he makes his way to Marquette on Monday. Next weekend, Torrence will be on the move again when he takes an official visit to Cincinnati.

There was a lot of buzz surrounding Torrence and the Bearcats after he made an unofficial visit during the summer. Can Mick Cronin lock him up on this visit? Can Butler or Marquette get him before he makes it to campus or is he just making effective use of rules that allow juniors to make official visits? I would look for some clarity on that in the near future.

cincycpaw 11-03-2018 09:55 AM

This is the kind of kid we need to get in each class. I hope we sea the deal on Wed.

TheShoeFits 11-05-2018 09:37 AM

He sent out a tweet saying his unofficial visit will be Tuesday.

Does this mean he wont be here Wednesday for the O$U game?

GarradJ21 11-05-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShoeFits (Post 191780)
He sent out a tweet saying his unofficial visit will be Tuesday.

Does this mean he wont be here Wednesday for the O$U game?

It's an official visit. And I would imagine he 100% is here for Tuesday and Wednesday. I cant see him coming and leaving before the game. Official visits are usually longer than one day.

AZ BEARCAT 11-05-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 191785)
It's an official visit. And I would imagine he 100% is here for Tuesday and Wednesday. I cant see him coming and leaving before the game. Official visits are usually longer than one day.

He has to be there for that game. even the site above said over the weekend.

GarradJ21 11-09-2018 10:32 AM

He was at the game. I saw him in the first row of the recruit section. Haven't seen anything on Twitter giving an update.

cincycpaw 11-13-2018 12:40 PM

If this kid can put the ball in the basket he can be an instant Bearcat favorite. Hopefully he enjoyed his time and saw the excitement in the stadium when the freshman Logan Johnson played great D with enthusiasm.

GarradJ21 11-13-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincycpaw (Post 192128)
If this kid can put the ball in the basket he can be an instant Bearcat favorite. Hopefully he enjoyed his time and saw the excitement in the stadium when the freshman Logan Johnson played great D with enthusiasm.

Top 50 recruit. I'm sure he can score. Even if he can't score he must do other things pretty well so it would be a great get. I would live with a top 50 recruit that might struggle to score than a 250 recruit that can't score like a few kids on our roster.

This seems like this could be one of Cronin's best gets if it happens only behind Lance and Yancy unless I'm missing something.