BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Future teams (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12191)

GarradJ21 01-09-2019 08:33 AM

Samari drops 47 last night. Heard his league isn't great but he still can score. I know he will be running point sometime next year. How will teams stop Keith, Jarron and Samari? If we had an upgrade in bigs, we truly would be one of the best teams in the country.

HarryBosch 01-09-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 194055)
Samari drops 47 last night. Heard his league isn't great but he still can score. I know he will be running point sometime next year. How will teams stop Keith, Jarron and Samari? If we had an upgrade in bigs, we truly would be one of the best teams in the country.

If Mick could recruit worth a shit we would have an upgrade in bigs.

Patrick Bateman 01-09-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 194055)

If other teams were really worried about stopping UC or taking ball out of guards hands, the answer is simple, hack a big, either Eli or Brooks.

Patrick Bateman 01-09-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 (Post 193354)
yes if he plays himself into a first round draft choice that would make me happy as ell.

Recently the first round of the NBA draft is not kind to seniors, was one main reason Jake left and will be reason JC tests this year

tonka 03-22-2019 07:33 PM

I feel bad bringing this up but I think UC needs to tell Fredericks he should look for other opportunities. Prince and Hardnett will be eligible next year and I can’t see how Prince is worse than what Rashawn offered this year. Not to mention we have our entire front court back where hopefully Diarra can get some more minutes. This would hopefully allow us to use another scholarship to go after a shooter that can hit a 3.

I would be ok with looking for a replacement for Moore too but I am still hopeful that he will actually turn in to a legit threat from deep.

I am not sure if it is the culture of the team that Mick has instituted but Moore looks timid when shooting and Rashawn is no where near producing at a D1 level despite being a juco all American.

skyblade 03-22-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryBosch (Post 194056)
If Mick could recruit worth a shit we would have an upgrade in bigs.

Brooks and Scott were our second and third best players over the final few weeks of the season. Arguably even throughout the year. Their backups were questionable (or non-existent for Scott), but our starting bigs have been quite good.

skyblade 03-22-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonka (Post 196879)
I feel bad bringing this up but I think UC needs to tell Fredericks he should look for other opportunities. Prince and Hardnett will be eligible next year and I can’t see how Prince is worse than what Rashawn offered this year. Not to mention we have our entire front court back where hopefully Diarra can get some more minutes. This would hopefully allow us to use another scholarship to go after a shooter that can hit a 3.

I would be ok with looking for a replacement for Moore too but I am still hopeful that he will actually turn in to a legit threat from deep.

I am not sure if it is the culture of the team that Mick has instituted but Moore looks timid when shooting and Rashawn is no where near producing at a D1 level despite being a juco all American.

We still have one open scholarship, so there is really no reason to force Frederick's out. Mick tends not to treat transfers/Juco's the same as his program seniors either. Frederick's will not be guaranteed any playing time. Maybe he can make a jump and earn it next year, but otherwise he will just be another guy on the bench.

TheRealUC 03-22-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblade (Post 196884)
We still have one open scholarship, so there is really no reason to force Frederick's out. Mick tends not to treat transfers/Juco's the same as his program seniors either. Frederick's will not be guaranteed any playing time. Maybe he can make a jump and earn it next year, but otherwise he will just be another guy on the bench.

If Moore plans on having another year like this year, i'd much rather have Frederick's. He he had decent stretches to end the season. Trevor was literally nothing "Moore" than 2 extra sneakers on the court for 95% of the season.

tonka 03-22-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblade (Post 196884)

Right. But why not bring in a guy who will actually contribute and bring something different?

skyblade 03-22-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonka (Post 196887)
Right. But why not bring in a guy who will actually contribute and bring something different?

We are going to have 4 seniors, 3 juniors, two sophomores (one of whom is a redshirt sophomore), two redshirt freshmen and Curtis who is Ohio Mr. Basketball. There's not a whole lot of room left for a freshman to contribute. Curtis and our redshirt freshmen will likely have trouble getting on the court. It's unlikely Cronin will find one more recruit who will contribute more then Fredericks, much less two more.