BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Football (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   UCLA (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12110)

Mcginnjw 08-26-2018 07:48 PM

UCLA

Here we go....less than a week away from football season. This is going to be a rough start for us. I will just be happy to see us play football again.

Unfortunately I don’t see us having a chance to win this one. Chip Kelly is running the show and their O will be moving at a lightning pace.

UCLA - 56
UC - 17

UClax31 08-27-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcginnjw (Post 191134)
Here we go....less than a week away from football season. This is going to be a rough start for us. I will just be happy to see us play football again.

Unfortunately I don’t see us having a chance to win this one. Chip Kelly is running the show and their O will be moving at a lightning pace.

UCLA - 56
UC - 17

I don't expect it to be near as bad. UCLA lost a lot of talent from last year and will most likely be starting Wilton Speight at QB who is their version of Hayden Moore.

I think we'll hang close and maybe eek out a win.

UCLA-24
Bearcats-28

kskenyon4 08-27-2018 12:07 PM

Small anecdote, but Chip Kelly lost game one at Oregon implementing his new system to a program (scoring 8 points), and lost 3 games that first year. I think playing him in week 1 is a slight advantage over later in the year. I think its more like 28-14.

I'll be there in person to root on the Cats.

kskenyon4 08-27-2018 12:52 PM

Breaking:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-vs-cincinnati

AZ BEARCAT 08-27-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kskenyon4 (Post 191138)

missing six players on to O is a big deal.

kskenyon4 08-28-2018 10:23 AM

16.5 point underdog. With the suspensions, I like us to cover.

Mcginnjw 09-01-2018 06:32 PM

Our O line has been bad. May be time to put in Ridder...Might be a good way to counter our terrible O line.

Mcginnjw 09-01-2018 06:59 PM

Wow...couple of freshman making plays. That looked promising.

Mcginnjw 09-01-2018 07:20 PM

The D is stepping up

Jon Rycek 09-01-2018 09:22 PM

How is this board not blowing up. What a game by the cats. Defense was huge and Fickell has no fear.

Gocats 09-01-2018 09:38 PM

win

What an awesome win. On national TV, Should help recruiting.

Mcginnjw 09-01-2018 09:47 PM

Huge win!

AZ BEARCAT 09-01-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcginnjw (Post 191151)
Huge win!

HUGE HUGE HUGE WIN !!!!!!!!

cincycpaw 09-01-2018 11:11 PM

Huge win. No offense to Moore but I was estatic that Fickell took him out. No way we win that game with him.

That 4th and short...I still think kicking the FG was the right call but you can’t argue with the results. Big time win.

sirthought 09-02-2018 01:13 AM

Congrats and love that the Bearcats won such an important game for the early season!

Warren was impressive to get grinding away for so many yards. If he can maintain the four yards per carry we're going to see a banner year from him. Kind of looks like he's plan A right now, as the passing game was not clicking too much.

The punt game was working well tonight. UCLA usually didn't start drives with great field position, which helped.

Wright obviously was our vocal field leader and hopefully his cramping was just dehydration and not a sign of injury.

Man, nothing pretty about this one. The offense is truly a work in progress. The style almost seemed old school smash mouth and run the ball style, yet with players probably not big enough to do that consistently. I hope the wide receivers start to become a bigger factor. I was happy to see Fickell change QBs. Nothing against Moore, but if something isn't working why not change it up.

M64W 09-02-2018 09:14 AM

Great win! It doesn't matter what excuses UCLA might have, I thought UC played hard, with purpose, and with a will to win. Hats off to Coach F for getting them ready. QB made a difference in this case. Hope they can now get ready for Miami.

M64W 09-02-2018 02:40 PM

INJURIES

Did the Bearcats have any injuries from last night's game? What was the reason Doaks did not play?

Bcatfollower 09-02-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M64W (Post 191159)
Did the Bearcats have any injuries from last night's game? What was the reason Doaks did not play?

I don't think there were any injuries other than guys cramping up. Doaks didn't make the trip due to an injury at practice. Strain or something

M64W 09-02-2018 05:13 PM

If Doaks can't play, who is our next running back??

AZ BEARCAT 09-02-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M64W (Post 191161)
If Doaks can't play, who is our next running back??

Doaks (groin) is questionable for Saturday's game against UCLA, Tom Groeschen of The Cincinnati Enqurier reports. (about 1 day ago). Hope he is ready for next week.

david aka the TYZ 09-02-2018 05:32 PM

Great win by the Beacats. Was at a bar and couldn't fully watch the game. Agree they dont win that game with Moore. Hopefully we've seen the last of him leading this team. He just simply hasn't been good. Defense looked good from what I could tell. Again kind of had to watch at the game. I DVRed the game so I might go back and try to watch it more, but that's kind of hard to do when you know the outcome already. Great win for the program and way to start the season. Interested to see how they bounce back vs. Miami. It's easy to get up to play a UCLA and in the Rose Bowl. Hope we see similar results. I think we will.

david aka the TYZ 09-02-2018 05:41 PM

I agree with every 4th down decision on that last drive. The first one, with 3 minutes on the clock and UCLA having all three time outs, I like being aggressive and trying to keep drive going rather than going up 5, where a TD still beats you. The 1st 4th and goal was a tough distance and with less than 2 minutes and UCLA having burned all three of their timeouts going up 5 is a bigger deal making them have to go the whole distance. After the penalty, the distance not only cuts in half, but it's kind of a karmic thing that a defense won't hold after giving you another chance on a stupid penalty. At that point I was glad they went for it. Obviously it all worked in our favor but even if they dont punch it in, I'm not questioning Fickell like I have to question Kelly for his decision to go for it where they did... that was plain dumb