BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Football (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Big 12 (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=10715)

BaylorBear 02-20-2016 09:38 PM

Big 12

There's a better chance than not that your solid university will be invited to join the Big 12 late this Summer. Number 2 is up in the air between UConn (espn), UCF (Florida recruiting), BYU (great but will not play on Sunday), Memphis (good geographical fit), Houston (no chance- everyone hates). Who would you guys want as number 2?

Bearcatboy 02-20-2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorBear (Post 131785)
There's a better chance than not that your solid university will be invited to join the Big 12 late this Summer. Number 2 is up in the air between UConn (espn), UCF (Florida recruiting), BYU (great but will not play on Sunday), Memphis (good geographical fit), Houston (no chance- everyone hates). Who would you guys want as number 2?

Uconn they are always competitive and are considered one of our rivals now would like them to follow us to the big 12 if we go

indydoug 02-21-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcatboy (Post 131786)
Uconn they are always competitive and are considered one of our rivals now would like them to follow us to the big 12 if we go

What a basketball conference that would be!

jacobkdoyle 02-21-2016 09:45 AM

I'd like to see UC and UCF. Open up some great foorball recruiting ground for the conference.

Bearcat Rob 02-21-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorBear (Post 131785)

UConn just because I love the rivalry basketball has become between us, really a fun intense physical game to watch every time. But honestly I think memphis would be better, basketball wise both good program(memphis is a down this year) but football wise I think Memphis getting into the big 12 there football program would develope pretty quickly. They got some great facilities, but I'd hope for UConn for their hoops

Bearcat Rob 02-21-2016 02:36 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-florida-state

WAITE HOYT 2 02-21-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob (Post 131840)

Thanks for posting Rob.

Red_N_Black_Attack 02-26-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob (Post 131840)

At this time, I think Memphis brings the most to the Big 12 table (even more than Fla St with the GOR restrictions). Memphis fits geographically and financially. Like Cincinnati, Memphis adds a sizable tv market and recruiting area that is currently picked over by another P5 conference.

I would love to see the Seminoles! UC has more history with Loserville than any of the above mentioned teams and I truly believe (my opinion and thoughts only) the Big 12 goes to 12 this spring/summer and 16 when the ACC GOR expires or gets destroyed by SEC/B!G expansion. Ultimately there will be four 16 team conferences.

The B!G will add two of these ACC teams: BC, Virginia, N.D. or NC. I predict that this conference shuffling will finally force Noter Shame to pick a home. It is the only expansion team that doesn't make sense geographically, but they add a national tv audience. I predict the B!G gets ND and BC.

The SEC will also target the Tarheels. They won't go after BC. I predict the SEC will get NC. They will also look at Miami Hurricanes.

With the addition of UC and Memphis, the Big 12 will go after four more teams and they won't all be ACC teams..The obvious ACC targets will be Fla State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Loserville, and Pitt. Loserville and Pitt would combine with UC/WVU to form a nice travel cluster and again further add current P5 territory with large tv markets. I predict the Big 12 will add these four teams: Fla State, Georgia State, Loserville, and BYU.

This super conference expansion will happen by 2024/25, but could happen sooner if the GOR is successfully challenged.

Xu1uc2 02-27-2016 06:54 AM

Cbs sports wrote article on line Monday or Tuesday saying the big 12 is staying put and they are likely the league that is blown up when expansion resumes. ( not this Year ) Oklahoma wants the big 12 to expand in doing so that will allow them and Oklahoma state to bounce. They can't leave now because of the agreement they signed.

UCalum08 02-27-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xu1uc2 (Post 132421)
Cbs sports wrote article on line Monday or Tuesday saying the big 12 is staying put and they are likely the league that is blown up when expansion resumes. ( not this Year ) Oklahoma wants the big 12 to expand in doing so that will allow them and Oklahoma state to bounce. They can't leave now because of the agreement they signed.

I would believe the drunk at my local bar before anything you post. Go back to Norwood troll.