BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Seton Hall (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=7468)

CPAW29 02-03-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearcat jeff (Post 60265)
The offense has to become more efficient. You cannot go 4-6 minutes without any points.

Right! The bearcats are consistently inconsistent. Not a winning formula in march

psax889906 02-03-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPAW29 (Post 60266)
Right! The bearcats are consistently inconsistent. Not a winning formula in march

They are consistent defensively and on the boards... that's a winning formula any month of the year if you ask me... this team has four losses on the year with their "blow out" loss being by 6 to Notre Dame. SIX. Yes, the 'Cats aren't a top offensive team. But they are ELITE defensively and on the boards. Couple that with the veteran guard play and they will be as difficult an out in March as any team in the country.

psax889906 02-03-2013 01:18 PM

Btw the lack of offensive production is not exclusive to Cincinnati. Scoring is down across the country as far as I can tell... Louisville has 3 points right now six minutes into their game against Marquette. Scoring will come and go with the shooting. Defense and rebounding always travels.

mplebanon 02-03-2013 01:48 PM

UC really hasn't been "hot" or "clicking on all cylinders" in any game this year so far.

If the defense can maintain itself, they might just got "hot" come tourney time, which is the best time!!! :D

bearcat jeff 02-03-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Their defense will keep them in games and give them a chance to beat anybody.

JumpinJack5 02-03-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Sweet 16 last year with the same formula, just gotta get hot at the right time. Mick does the best with what he has, and this team should be right in there for sweet 16 contention again.

psax889906 02-03-2013 04:01 PM

We really need Cash to get as healthy as possible and get back to where he was at in the DePaul game. When he's playing like that it takes the heat off of SK and he doesn't have to force things. With the two of them playing well that will be enough of a scoring threat to allow them to beat anybody, because you know Park is going to get his 10 points a game... Titus needs to be more assertive offensively getting to the rim. He's at his best going to the rim and either getting to the foul line or driving and kicking to open shooters. I expect Cash to get back. To me, the key to an improved offense and run in March will be Titus.