BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bellarmine Exhibition (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=11212)

Bearcat513 10-31-2016 09:35 AM

Bellarmine Exhibition

Bellarmine again is being picked to be one of the best teams in D-II. I love that this exhibition series has continued because I love the way Bellarmine plays. They are always looking for the extra pass to an open man and I think it will test our defense early on.

Who's all going? What're you expecting from the team? Who do you want to see have a big game?

GarradJ21 10-31-2016 09:37 AM

I believe it will be streamed on Bearcats TV.

jacobkdoyle 10-31-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 148497)
I believe it will be streamed on Bearcats TV.

Yep. I love that.

kskenyon4 10-31-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat513 (Post 148495)
Bellarmine again is being picked to be one of the best teams in D-II. I love that this exhibition series has continued because I love the way Bellarmine plays. They are always looking for the extra pass to an open man and I think it will test our defense early on.

Who's all going? What're you expecting from the team? Who do you want to see have a big game?

3 Big things:

- See Kyle not have foul trouble
- JJ showcase he can be a viable PG, with low TO total
- Cumberland to shoot well, to get that Indiana State stat line out of his head

jacobkdoyle 10-31-2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Random Predictions:

Bellarmine 65
UC 85

We get up big early and maintain it. The game becomes open gym in the final 8-10 minutes. Jenifer looks good against this competition. The main guys don't play a ton, if at all in the 2nd half. Washington takes at least 10 shots and is aggressive. Tre Scott shows a couple flashes. Moore hits a few shots. Brooks shows us that he can hold his own with the 2nd unit. Johnson makes a few 3s and everyone overreacts and talks about him breaking out this year.

GarradJ21 10-31-2016 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kskenyon4 (Post 148503)
3 Big things:

- See Kyle not have foul trouble
- JJ showcase he can be a viable PG, with low TO total
- Cumberland to shoot well, to get that Indiana State stat line out of his head

Wait? There's stats on the Indiana State game?

kskenyon4 10-31-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarradJ21 (Post 148506)
Wait? There's stats on the Indiana State game?

Yes. From paid site so not sure rules for posting it here.

jacobkdoyle 10-31-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kskenyon4 (Post 148513)
Yes. From paid site so not sure rules for posting it here.

Do not post it.

2bearcatdad 10-31-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

I'll be there. Can't wait!

I don't expect to learn too much, but I'm very interested to see the new guys (Washington, Scott, Cumberland & Brooks) as well as to see how JJ & Moore have progressed. I'm cautiously optimistic that JJ has transformed his game and can really help us this year.

Go Cats!

UCalum08 10-31-2016 10:27 AM

I'll be there. Excited to watch. I am looking forward to watching Jenifer and see if he has improved. Also interested in seeing Moore.

As much as I want to see Evans, I hope he sits. With Rhode Island so early this year, we need him fully healthy.