BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   O$U (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12138)

mdchick 11-03-2018 08:03 PM

O$U

wishful thinking

Cats 63
Suckeyes 55

Queens_NYC 11-04-2018 01:55 PM

Believe it or not both of these teams have quite a few similarities.

1) Both teams lost 3 major contributors including a conference player of the year from NCAA 2nd Round squads.

2) Both teams shot the 3 at about an even clip last season (we were 148th nationally, OSU was 152nd).

3) Both teams return their starting point guards and have unsettled front court situations.

Our advantage over OSU is Cumberland as a go-to scorer, someone who I don't think OSU has established going into the season.

OSU's advantage is Kaleb Wesson in the post, a very talented second-year player and probably one of the best back-to-the-basket bigs we'll face this year.

I think it'll be a low scoring affair and our offensive incompetencies will keep us from pulling away at any given point. I still like us to win.

Cincy 65
OSU 61

WAITE HOYT 2 11-05-2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens_NYC (Post 191768)

1) Both teams lost 3 major contributors including a conference player of the year from NCAA 2nd Round squads.

2) Both teams shot the 3 at about an even clip last season (we were 148th nationally, OSU was 152nd).

3) Both teams return their starting point guards and have unsettled front court situations.

Our advantage over OSU is Cumberland as a go-to scorer, someone who I don't think OSU has established going into the season.

OSU's advantage is Kaleb Wesson in the post, a very talented second-year player and probably one of the best back-to-the-basket bigs we'll face this year.

I think it'll be a low scoring affair and our offensive incompetencies will keep us from pulling away at any given point. I still like us to win.

Cincy 65
OSU 61

good info. I like us to win at home. Like you I think it will be a close game with us coming out on top. With both teams adjusting to loss of talent playing at home early in year gives us the edge.

Cin City 11-05-2018 05:59 AM

Bearcats 63
Buckeyes 57

Close throughout. A nice little run sparked by the rockin shoe pulls us away.

cincrulz11 11-05-2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens_NYC (Post 191768)

they also added a grad transfer from wake forest that put up 12 ppg in the acc and has shot 42.5% from 3 for his career.

Queens_NYC 11-05-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincrulz11 (Post 191775)
they also added a grad transfer from wake forest that put up 12 ppg in the acc and has shot 42.5% from 3 for his career.

A true freshman, Luther Muhammad, started over the grad transfer, Keyshawn Woods, in their last exhibition game although Woods did end up leading the team in minutes that night with 23.

I'm guessing they'll both share minutes on Wednesday and whoever has the hotter hand will play the last quarter of the game.

waterhead 11-05-2018 08:30 AM

In this one game I don't care if the score is 44-43 as long as we win.

GarradJ21 11-05-2018 09:34 AM

I can't believe it's finally here. It looks like the 6 o'clock game is due to a college football game starting at 8.

I go back and forth on the outcome of this game. I just hope we win. OSU and Xavier are two teams that I cant accept losing to.

tonka 11-05-2018 06:48 PM

I went to the Buckeyes board to see what they were saying about the game. Most are skeptical that they can win considering we are opening our new arena, they lost 3 of their best players, and they didn’t shoot the 3 very well in their exhibition. Couple that with the loss of a key rotation player who announced he’s transferring yesterday and it looks like we should have the momentum. Bottom line is OSU doesn’t have any top 70 players and their upper class men are all outside of the top 200. Hopefully we can rattle them early, force some turnovers, get the crowd really into it and have a comfortable lead throughout.

ervins84 11-05-2018 07:13 PM

I'm guessing we'll be favored by around 3 or 4 points.

Expecting a tight, low scoring struggle, that hopefully Cumberland/Broome make enough plays down the stretch for the win