BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Help, Feedback & Suggestions (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ban Justin Petition (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12408)

ervins84 11-26-2019 10:58 PM

Ban Justin Petition

This guy is pure aids for this community. Obviously the team is struggling right now and things aren't looking great. That doesn't mean virtually every single post has to devolve into a Brannen v Mick discussion.

Apparently he claims he is not a moderator. Somehow he was still able to issue me an infraction for calling him out and telling him to leave the forum. So yes he is still moderating. Hell, he'll probably delete this thread too.

Justin, I feel bad for you. I love Cincinnati basketball as much as anyone. I grew up with this program when most of the games were on local fox 19. I've been here from Huggins to AK to Mick and now CBJ. I want this program to succeed. You're more interested in being right and imagining some alternate reality about Mick that doesn't exist.

We have 3 options.

1. Ban him
2. He voluntarily leaves
3. He grows up and moves on

2 and 3 ain't happening, so I vote option 1.

Good riddance

Jon Rycek 11-27-2019 12:02 AM

While I agree hes been obnoxious lately, where were these petitions when people hated on Mick all day every day. Just saying

cincrulz11 11-27-2019 08:43 AM

i would just be happy if his mod was taken away so i can put him on my block list. can't block mods, ive tried.

waterhead 11-27-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Rycek (Post 202607)
While I agree hes been obnoxious lately, where were these petitions when people hated on Mick all day every day. Just saying

This board was cleaned out of a LOT of riff raff a while back. Especially the hater/trolls. It happened because everyone was allowed to report trolls or posts that violated the rules.

JHub has been trolling as well. Calling the new coach trash etc (against the rules). The same rules should apply to him. I am no longer an active mod.

But I am guessing the rules have not changed. The same old rules still apply. If someone wants to report a post or poster...they need to follow the rules on the rules page and use the report function and then pick a rule that was violated. A poster is not getting banned over a public petition. In fact the idea of the petition like this is also against the rules because it's not using the proper channels to report the problem.

skyblade 11-27-2019 09:11 AM

I oppose this petition. Frankly I feel like a lot of the boards tend strongly towards groupthink. Before it was anti-Cronin groupthink, now it's pro-Brannen groupthink. Justin goes a bit overboard at times, but I enjoy reading his opinion. Besides waterhead and Justin, it's hard to remember who a lot of people on here are, because they all tend to conform to the same opinion - or just don't post that often.

justinhub2003 11-27-2019 09:13 AM

Yall are a different breed.

Anyone whos made a personal comment toward me should also be banned.

Queens_NYC 11-27-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblade (Post 202615)
I oppose this petition. Frankly I feel like a lot of the boards tend strongly towards groupthink. Before it was anti-Cronin groupthink, now it's pro-Brannen groupthink. Justin goes a bit overboard, but I enjoy reading his opinion. Besides waterhead and Justin, it's hard to remember who a lot of people on here are, because they all tend to conform to the same opinion - or just don't post that often.

This.

Banning a poster just because you adamantly don't agree with their opinions is sort of ludicrous.

He is one of the most informed posters on the board hands down and offers lots of fact-based insights to go with what many deem controversial judgments.

He's a very positive contributor to the board regardless of whether he stands in the majority or alone in the minority on a topic.

cincyalum2014 11-27-2019 09:28 AM

Feels like Jr High all over again... I don't agree with everything he says but this is an open forum for all UC fans to post his or her opinions... If you don't like his posts just scroll past it and don't read it, its that easy.

Alum2013 11-27-2019 09:53 AM

I wouldn't care if he doesn't post again but I dont think there's anything bannable. I whole heartedly disagree with the poster saying he uses fact based arguments and a "very positive contributor" but again, it's a forum and he's allowed to post what he wants within reason.

If people aren't allowed to block him though that definitely needs changed.

ervins84 11-27-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alum2013 (Post 202623)
I wouldn't care if he doesn't post again but I dont think there's anything bannable. I whole heartedly disagree with the poster saying he uses fact based arguments and a "very positive contributor" but again, it's a forum and he's allowed to post what he wants within reason.

If people aren't allowed to block him though that definitely needs changed.

No one can block him. He'd have been blocked forever ago. He says he's not a mod. He then gives me infractions for abusing mods at his own discretion. So he's still working as a mod.

He's also worse than a normal troll because he'll mix in just a hint of horribly cherry picked misleading "facts" to make a point. There is nothing genuine in what he posts.

Ultimately the issue is he can't make a comment without the thread derailing into Cronin v CBJ. It's toxic and plain stupid.

I don't like making threads like these at all. Look through my post history. See how much drama I've been involved in over the years? Virtually none. This guy is going to ruin what remains on this board unless something changes dramatically.