BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Memphis (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=11958)

jacobkdoyle 12-22-2017 11:27 AM

Memphis

Game is Sunday Dec 31 at 4 PM on ESPNU.

waterhead 12-22-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 176607)
Game is Sunday Dec 31 at 4 PM on ESPNU.

If we don't crush this game I am changing my season grade down to an F and moving to North Korea.

Seriously though we have to win this game! Temple away will not be easy and SMU at home is not easy either. They are both column 1 wins which we will need.

First conference home game I don't think there is much chance we lose it.

As a side note...if we win all of our home games again that will be awesome. But what happens if we happen to lose 1 this year? Can we still claim the longest home court streak by virtue of not playing in our own arena this year?

CHEER CINCY 12-22-2017 01:06 PM

Memphis losing the Lawson brothers crushed them. They STINK. Bottom half AAC kinda team.

Cumberland breaks out of his funk. Cronin substitutes TOO MUCH.

UC 70
Memphis 57

jacobkdoyle 12-26-2017 09:25 AM

Memphis 60
UC 77

WAITE HOYT 2 12-26-2017 09:53 AM

Team extends the home winning streak and Fans with little to know coaching experience still find something to be unhappy about.

Cats 81
Mem 68

AZ BEARCAT 12-26-2017 10:07 AM

Memphis plays at home Thursday night LSU. Just a little worried about that ten day layoff. GO CATS !!! UC 82-68

ervins84 12-26-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 (Post 176760)
Fans with little to know coaching experience still find something to be unhappy about.

Are you allowed to tell a chef the meal he cooked you isn't good when you're not a chef?

Can you have an opinion that a politician is doing something dumb, or a bill is stupid, when you're not a politician?

You don't have to be at an official expert level in a field to have an opinion on something, and even more so to be right. If that's a pre-requisite for discussion, then what exactly qualifies your opinion? Other than blindly trusting Mick knows what he is doing with the Cane/JJ minutes distribution? Let's just stop talking about everything, coach knows best, and go on our merry way and shut the forum down. No point in discussing anything.

WAITE HOYT 2 12-26-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ervins84 (Post 176762)
Are you allowed to tell a chef the meal he cooked you isn't good when you're not a chef?

Can you have an opinion that a politician is doing something dumb, or a bill is stupid, when you're not a politician?

You don't have to be at an official expert level in a field to have an opinion on something, and even more so to be right. If that's a pre-requisite for discussion, then what exactly qualifies your opinion? Other than blindly trusting Mick knows what he is doing with the Cane/JJ minutes distribution? Let's just stop talking about everything, coach knows best, and go on our merry way and shut the forum down. No point in discussing anything.

having a opinion or rational discussion is not what or who I am referring to. It’s those who continue to go out of their way to discredit the coach at every turn. If your looking for a example I suggest you read all the post. If you don’t fall into the category I mentioned disregard my comment

ThomasMac 12-26-2017 11:41 AM

The Cats are currently 11-2 and based on the poll above, it looks like the majority of fans are thinking that we will win 15 to 16 of our 18 game conference schedule. That puts us at 26-5 or 27-4.

If that in fact is our record at the end of the regular season, what rank do you think the Cats will be (in regards to the top 25) and assuming we finish 1 or 2 in the conference tourny, what seed will we get in the NCAA tournament?

cincyfan21 12-26-2017 12:06 PM

Can't wait to breeze by Memphis on Sunday and celebrate by poppin bottles into the new year. I'm predicting a double digit win and getting our bench valuable minutes in the 2nd half. Will Cumberland find his touch? We need him to soon.

Cats 75
Tigers 60