BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Autographed books remaining (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=10393)

Michael Perry 11-16-2015 07:24 PM

Autographed books remaining

Hi everyone,

It's almost holiday shopping time. And I have 59 autographed copies of "Tales from the Cincinnati Bearcats Locker Room" left, all with a minimum of four signatures of former players.

There are various combinations of Tay Baker, Corie Blount, Carl Bouldin, Tarrice Gibson, Keith Gregor, Eric Hicks, Alex Meacham, Bob Miller, Terry Nelson, Tom Osterman, Levertis Robinson, Andre Tate and George Wilson.

The book ($19.95 + tax) is a collection of stories that are kind of an anecdotal history of the basketball program.

If you are interested, email ucbearcatsbook@gmail.com for details.

Thanks,

Michael

JasonS 11-16-2015 09:20 PM

It's a good book and a nice read. Worth the pickup for any Bearcats fan.

BearcatSpaniard513 11-17-2015 08:43 AM

I have the old one and I bought the new one with additional chapters and more on the Mick era. Definitely worth the purchase! Buy a couple for family and friends.

UCalum08 11-17-2015 11:46 AM

I thought the book was very average. The title is misleading. I was expecting nice insider info from coaches and players about behind the scene. It read more of a general storied timeline overview. It lacked specifics and details. Maybe my expectations were off.

Bulldog01 11-17-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCalum08 (Post 119769)
I thought the book was very average. The title is misleading. I was expecting nice insider info from coaches and players about behind the scene. It read more of a general storied timeline overview. It lacked specifics and details. Maybe my expectations were off.

So basically it's a program? I've heard it was decent

Michael Perry 11-17-2015 08:45 PM

Thanks, Jason. Appreciate that.

Michael Perry 11-17-2015 08:49 PM

Bulldog01, I interviewed about 85 former players, coaches and staff members and asked for their favorite stories. Some had not been told publicly before. Some provided details to scenes you may or may not recall. Written as short anecdotes. Most people liked the format because it was easy reading. Some good stuff, I think, from the Huggins era, the Big O, SK, and others ... So, hopefully more than a program. If you get a copy, let me know what you think.

Michael Perry 11-17-2015 08:51 PM

Thanks for the support, BearcatSpaniard513.

Michael Perry 11-17-2015 08:54 PM

UCalum08, thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned elsewhere, I asked all those former players and coaches for their favorite stories. In some cases, I thought there were some nice behind-the-scenes stories with strong detail. In other cases, guys just talked about some of their memorable moments. Guess it wasn't for everyone. I appreciate your comments. Will keep those in mind if/when I update it again. :)

waterhead 11-17-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Perry (Post 119830)
UCalum08, thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned elsewhere, I asked all those former players and coaches for their favorite stories. In some cases, I thought there were some nice behind-the-scenes stories with strong detail. In other cases, guys just talked about some of their memorable moments. Guess it wasn't for everyone. I appreciate your comments. Will keep those in mind if/when I update it again. :)

Perhaps if you spent more time on the board commenting than promoting you would get a better response. If the only time you show up is to promote....why should we care?