BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Cronin's Corner (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NBA Playoffs 2015 (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=9966)

Bearcat_NTS 04-19-2015 02:27 PM

NBA Playoffs 2015

I usually don't start watching the NBA until after the Final 4. There are some good series this year including possibly the second and third best teams in the NBA squaring off in round one in the Clippers-Spurs series.

Watching Cavs-Celts right now. Brad Stevens is a really, really good coach.

KJ's#1Supporter 04-19-2015 02:39 PM

That Spurs game starts so late. I really like the playoff matchups this year too though. Cavs v Bulls 2nd round could be pretty sweet. I was watching a Kobe documentary this morning, and Patterson and Van Exel were both in the highlights from old playoff games. We need some Bearcats out there again. After this year's draft, it will be 304 straight 1st round picks since a UC player was taken. Hard to believe.

Bearcat_NTS 04-19-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ's#1Supporter (Post 113349)
That Spurs game starts so late. I really like the playoff matchups this year too though. Cavs v Bulls 2nd round could be pretty sweet. I was watching a Kobe documentary this morning, and Patterson and Van Exel were both in the highlights from old playoff games. We need some Bearcats out there again. After this year's draft, it will be 304 straight 1st round picks since a UC player was taken. Hard to believe.

Yeah that is a troubling stat but not too shocking given the talent level Mick has brought in. Also, why were the Saturday night games 7 and 9:30 but on Sunday they are going 8 and 10:30? Seems backwards to me.

KJ's#1Supporter 04-19-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS (Post 113350)
Yeah that is a troubling stat but not too shocking given the talent level Mick has brought in. Also, why were the Saturday night games 7 and 9:30 but on Sunday they are going 8 and 10:30? Seems backwards to me.

Yeah I can't figure that one out.

Bearcat_NTS 04-20-2015 10:08 PM

Anthony Davis is going to be the best player in the NBA in 2-3 years.

KJ's#1Supporter 04-20-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS (Post 113413)

Might not be that long. He joined Wilt, MJ, and LeBron this year as only players ever with a 30+ PER.

Bulldog01 04-20-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS (Post 113413)

Curry going to be tough for next 10 also

KJ's#1Supporter 04-21-2015 08:39 PM

I don't know why, but I keep thinking Dallas is going to figure it out. Big one tonight though.

The Raptors are the only team to lose at home so far...and in a year when home-court advantage was at an all-time low.

Bearcat_NTS 04-21-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ's#1Supporter (Post 113485)
I don't know why, but I keep thinking Dallas is going to figure it out. Big one tonight though.

The Raptors are the only team to lose at home so far...and in a year when home-court advantage was at an all-time low.

Raptors would have been a good team in 1995. Their three best players are all volume shooting guards that aren't good three point shooters. Wizards win that series easily.

Dallas is hard to figure out. Part of me thinks we go back to Houston for game 5 tied 2-2 but I could easily see them getting swept or down 3-1.

KJ's#1Supporter 04-22-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS (Post 113486)
Raptors would have been a good team in 1995. Their three best players are all volume shooting guards that aren't good three point shooters. Wizards win that series easily.

Dallas is hard to figure out. Part of me thinks we go back to Houston for game 5 tied 2-2 but I could easily see them getting swept or down 3-1.

The Raptors really fell off. I can't believe Lou Williams got 6th man of the year. No way he was the best player off the bench this year. Gobert qualified for that, how did he not win?