BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   AAC Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=9631)

Bearcat Rob 01-03-2015 04:09 PM

AAC Basketball

Early on this season our conference was struggling but as of late it is really picking up.

Temple-is rolling right now at 10-4 and have won 4 straight which has included wins over #10th ranked kansas and @uconn. and currently sit at 30 in todays rpi

SMU- got has gotten their big man kennedy back and before losing to a good cinci team won 8 straight including a win @michigan. They sit at 10-4

Uconn- defending champs and beat florida today.

Memphis-is 8-4 struggled early but has won 5 straight, they have talent and will continue to improve

Tulane- they are sitting at 10-3 right now

Tulsa- sitting at 8-5 and are, today, a top 50 rpi team

---after ecu tuesday we have a hard 3 game strech @uconn, @memphis, and home for temple. I really want to win the conference again

david aka the TYZ 01-03-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob (Post 100642)
Early on this season our conference was struggling but as of late it is really picking up.

Temple-is rolling right now at 10-4 and have won 4 straight which has included wins over #10th ranked kansas and @uconn. and currently sit at 30 in todays rpi

SMU- got has gotten their big man kennedy back and before losing to a good cinci team won 8 straight including a win @michigan. They sit at 10-4

Uconn- defending champs and beat florida today.

Memphis-is 8-4 struggled early but has won 5 straight, they have talent and will continue to improve

Tulane- they are sitting at 10-3 right now

Tulsa- sitting at 8-5 and are, today, a top 50 rpi team

---after ecu tuesday we have a hard 3 game strech @uconn, @memphis, and home for temple. I really want to win the conference again

Today was a must win game for all intents and purposes towards winning the conference. ECU obviously is a game you can't drop. Of the next three we need to take at least two. I hope the refs we saw today are a sign of the refs we'll see all year. While obviously I'd like to see more fouls called on the opponent it is nice to be able to play aggressive and not get guys in foul trouble.

Bearcat Rob 01-03-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ (Post 100647)
Today was a must win game for all intents and purposes towards winning the conference. ECU obviously is a game you can't drop. Of the next three we need to take at least two. I hope the refs we saw today are a sign of the refs we'll see all year. While obviously I'd like to see more fouls called on the opponent it is nice to be able to play aggressive and not get guys in foul trouble.

I agree, im confident we will take memphis on the road, and if we can can steal a win @uconn im confident we will come ready to play and take care of buisness at home in front of a back house on a saturday night against a good temple squad. if we could get all three of those, which would be hard, we will be sitting very nicely atop of the aac, and in the top 25

jacobkdoyle 01-03-2015 07:12 PM

Memphis is about to lose at home to Tulane. So they will join SMU and UConn in the group of 1 loss AAC teams.

handwaver 01-04-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle (Post 100672)
Memphis is about to lose at home to Tulane. So they will join SMU and UConn in the group of 1 loss AAC teams.

Neither Memphis nor Tulane has beaten any decent teams, and have, in fact, been clocked any time they have faced a quality opponent - It could be that that maybe Temple will turn out to be the stiffest competition for the Cats.

Mcginnjw 01-07-2015 07:35 PM

Tulane is hanging with Temple....they don't look all that bad either.

Eternal E 01-07-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcginnjw (Post 100930)
Tulane is hanging with Temple....they don't look all that bad either.

I don't know if Temple is any good. They have a great win over Kansas but I think as the season goes that win will look more and more like an outlier.

UCalum08 01-07-2015 08:57 PM

Temple is still probably learning to win on the road.

jacobkdoyle 01-08-2015 11:13 PM

SMU beat Memphis 73-59. It was at SMU, so no real surprise there. Kennedy had 21.

Eternal E 01-10-2015 02:48 PM

@BillNicholsDMN: SMU's Justin Martin leaving SMU to turn pro. More to come at http://SportsDayDFW.com”