BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Baseball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Cats in the Classroom (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=6359)

catsfan4life 06-16-2012 09:12 PM

Cats in the Classroom

I was recently at the 2012 Graduation at UC, I was really surprised to see no basketballers walk across that stage. Good work Yancy and Dion. Communications major my ass.

JasonS 06-16-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsfan4life (Post 50704)
I was recently at the 2012 Graduation at UC, I was really surprised to see no basketballers walk across that stage. Good work Yancy and Dion. Communications major my ass.

Lighten up dude. I am sure they are working out for the draft.

Thegreatone 06-18-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsfan4life (Post 50704)

I doesnt bother me one bit if players do not graduate. I am a fan of the athletic teams at Cincy. I really do not care on the graduation rates at UC in general. I think it is a shame that they havent gotten the job done despite having a ton of advantages but if they do not want a degree then its on them.

adrock 06-18-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thegreatone (Post 50732)
I doesnt bother me one bit if players do not graduate. I am a fan of the athletic teams at Cincy. I really do not care on the graduation rates at UC in general. I think it is a shame that they havent gotten the job done despite having a ton of advantages but if they do not want a degree then its on them.

It does bother me if they don't graduate. That being said, take it from a UC alumnus when I say you don't have to walk across the stage either at the University commencement or your smaller college's commencement to get your degree. I didn't even go to the larger commencement when I graduated.

TheLivingLegend 06-18-2012 12:46 PM

I simply could care less. If student athletes choose to not take advantage of all the opportunities that are thrown in front of them so be it. It effects my life none.

Lobot 06-18-2012 01:48 PM

Sure it does. You're a UC fan. UC scholarship limits are set by APR ratings. If players do not graduate within a allowable time (not 4 years) we lose APR points which can lead to a scholarship reduction or in UConn's case, a postseason ban.

If you want more details, on how this matters ask me.

To the OP just because they didn't walk the stage doesn't mean they didn't graduate.

psax889906 06-24-2012 01:09 AM

I seem to recall reading a statement from Mick that said one or both of them were very close to finishing up and would do so soon and yes that they were working out for the draft.

martin407 10-22-2013 02:00 AM

Your clarity leaves me wanting to know more.