BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Awards (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12280)

jtsladder@aol.com 03-04-2019 08:40 PM

Awards

I was thinking. Jarron probably AAC player of the year and 1st team AAC. Is anyone else getting an award. That's crazy that probably no one. Maybe Keith or Jennifer for something?

Queens_NYC 03-04-2019 08:50 PM

I'd have to imagine Keith is one of the top candidates for Most Improved.

AAC POY seems to be an even 3 horse race between Jarron, Corey Davis, and Jeremiah Martin. Too early to call it right now.

jtsladder@aol.com 03-04-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queens_NYC (Post 195916)
I'd have to imagine Keith is one of the top candidates for Most Improved.

AAC POY seems to be an even 3 horse race between Jarron, Corey Davis, and Jeremiah Martin. Too early to call it right now.

I agree about Keith. Jarron should win because of what we lost and where this team is right now.

Queens_NYC 03-04-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com (Post 195917)
I agree about Keith. Jarron should win because of what we lost and where this team is right now.

I agree that Jarron deserves to win as well. On a more objective level though, I think most voters are depending on our upcoming games this week to help sway their decision.

cincyalum2014 03-05-2019 08:36 AM

IMO Jarron is the player of the year. Martin's numbers may be better but wins also matter too. Memphis has lost quite a few games where Martin put up meaningless stats. I think Jarron is more important to his team than Martin or Davis Jr are to there's. Memphis is good with Martin and I agree that team would be horrendous without him but wins have to matter, if you score 30 points and you lose by 15, that's great for you but it doesn't mean anything. If Houston doesn't have Davis Jr I don't think they are as good as they are but I think they would still be pretty good because of the rest of the talent level on that team. If UC doesn't have Jarron I think we are sitting at 8 or 9 losses right now. Jarron has saved this teams butt more times that not and I think he is the most important player on his team in this conference.

Emperor Snapper 03-05-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 (Post 195920)
IMO Jarron is the player of the year. Martin's numbers may be better but wins also matter too. Memphis has lost quite a few games where Martin put up meaningless stats. I think Jarron is more important to his team than Martin or Davis Jr are to there's. Memphis is good with Martin and I agree that team would be horrendous without him but wins have to matter, if you score 30 points and you lose by 15, that's great for you but it doesn't mean anything. If Houston doesn't have Davis Jr I don't think they are as good as they are but I think they would still be pretty good because of the rest of the talent level on that team. If UC doesn't have Jarron I think we are sitting at 8 or 9 losses right now. Jarron has saved this teams butt more times that not and I think he is the most important player on his team in this conference.

Martin has had the best season; if he doesn't win it will be based on team performance. That said, they might be a single-digit win team without him; it is weird to blame him for their losses and not credit him for keeping a pretty bad team afloat.

Without Cumberland, UC would have no shot at the tournament, and there is probably no single player in the league who has had a bigger impact on their team's postseason fortunes.