BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Seton Hall (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=7468)

Gotcha23 02-02-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCalum08 (Post 60180)
That was at least the 3rd and one we gave sh. Come on, weak ass defense.

We'll turn it on the 2nd half. First half these kids are still sleeping.

CPAW29 02-02-2013 10:53 AM

We ended the half on a positive note but seton having there way down low

ready2go 02-02-2013 10:55 AM

They have a fat guy and 4 skinny kids. We should be pushing them around

JasonS 02-02-2013 10:56 AM

So it wasn't a pretty half but UC is up 5 and yet there isn't one remotely positive comment? Cincinnati sports fans always have to find something to complain about.

It's February. This team is who they are for the most part. That doesn't mean they won't still get better but if you expect them to be efficient offensively, you will be disappointed every game. Seton Hall got crushed last game. You knew they would have a better effort today.

UCalum08 02-02-2013 11:00 AM

We had a good final 3 minutes. We need to keep attacking and get the fouls on them. I am nervous because their star scorer sat the most of the 1st half. Its clear if we can force turnovers we will be in good shape. Also, if we are going to foul, hit the guy. Too many soft fouls resulted in way too many and ones. I was pleased with our offense overall and anytime we get over 30 is good for us lol.

#BearcatNation 02-02-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonS (Post 60184)
So it wasn't a pretty half but UC is up 5 and yet there isn't one remotely positive comment? Cincinnati sports fans always have to find something to complain about.

It's February. This team is who they are for the most part. That doesn't mean they won't still get better but if you expect them to be efficient offensively, you will be disappointed every game. Seton Hall got crushed last game. You knew they would have a better effort today.

Normally I'd agree with that comment, because I think we can all be a little too hard on our Cincy teams. That said, we didn't look great at all, we were down a lot of the half to a 13-8 Seton Hall team that, let's be honest, we should beat by 15. Of course you aren't going to have people posting things right now like "WE ARE ON FIRE!!! WHAT A GREAT HALF!!!" We expect better things from this team. We aren't exactly playing our best.

Nomadic1 02-02-2013 11:05 AM

Honestly, I wasn't expecting to come out at half with a giant lead on these guys. That really doesn't happen a lot in league games. Their one big is quick and larger than any of our post players. I can't fault Mbodj that much. Yes, he got pushed around a bit but where was the help? Jackson sat there and watched it happen once or twice. You're going to have to collapse on on the guy.
The main thing that looked bad imo, was some of the shot selection. Not sure what they were thinking early on with some of those 3's.

Bearcat04 02-02-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BearcatNation (Post 60186)
Normally I'd agree with that comment, because I think we can all be a little too hard on our Cincy teams. That said, we didn't look great at all, we were down a lot of the half to a 13-8 Seton Hall team that, let's be honest, we should beat by 15. Of course you aren't going to have people posting things right now like "WE ARE ON FIRE!!! WHAT A GREAT HALF!!!" We expect better things from this team. We aren't exactly playing our best.

You might think we should win by 15, but the spread is only 5.5 points.

UCalum08 02-02-2013 11:07 AM

I hope we contain Edwin!

UCalum08 02-02-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat04 (Post 60188)
You might think we should win by 15, but the spread is only 5.5 points.

Seton hall is good at home. And we are 0-3 at their place.