BearcatTalk.com

BearcatTalk.com (https://www.bearcattalk.com/index.php)
-   Bearcat Basketball (https://www.bearcattalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2021-22 Open Thread (https://www.bearcattalk.com/showthread.php?t=12544)

TheRealMick 04-24-2021 12:31 PM

2021-22 Open Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cincyguy13 (Post 216206)
I saw it on 247 but Iíll admit the ranking seemed high. From watching his videos, which isnít much, I did not see a 4-star but I said the same thing about jarron and he turned out to be really good. I donít mind taking a chance on the guy, especially in our position.

Bro, jarron played on one of the most loaded aau teams in Ohio history and was best player on team. If UC really had real strength and conditioning coach, I believe he was 1st rd pick

cincyguy13 04-24-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealMick (Post 216207)
Bro, jarron played on one of the most loaded aau teams in Ohio history and was best player on team. If UC really had real strength and conditioning coach, I believe he was 1st rd pick

I literally said jarron turned out to be really good. I love jarron, relax.

I just remember watching his high school tape and thinking, this guy shoots weird and looks kinda slow. The point was, the highlight videos can be hard to judge a player by. And we all get it wrong sometimes, except you I guess.

TheRealMick 04-24-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincyguy13 (Post 216209)
I literally said jarron turned out to be really good. I love jarron, relax.

I just remember watching his high school tape and thinking, this guy shoots weird and looks kinda slow. The point was, the highlight videos can be hard to judge a player by. And we all get it wrong sometimes, except you I guess.

Highlights are made either make you look excellent or expose you. I didnít need highlights to know jarron was real deal. Kennard was lottery pick and jarron was better player on aau team by far

cincyguy13 04-24-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealMick (Post 216210)
Highlights are made either make you look excellent or expose you. I didnít need highlights to know jarron was real deal. Kennard was lottery pick and jarron was better player on aau team by far

I know how highlight tapes work but I donít go to aau events like most of us, so itís the only way most of us can see these players.

Also, Just because you are better in high school doesnít mean you will be better forever. There are a million players that peak in elementary and high school.

Jon Rycek 04-25-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealMick (Post 216210)
Highlights are made either make you look excellent or expose you. I didnít need highlights to know jarron was real deal. Kennard was lottery pick and jarron was better player on aau team by far

So youíre saying Jarron was better than Kennard and we made him worse? What?!

TheRealMick 04-25-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Rycek (Post 216213)
So youíre saying Jarron was better than Kennard and we made him worse? What?!

Development. Kennard went and work in nba environment during college. Jarron came here with no other nba players in sight besides Evans. If Cumberland went to duke I believe he wouldíve went nba early

Alum2013 04-25-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealMick (Post 216214)
Development. Kennard went and work in nba environment during college. Jarron came here with no other nba players in sight besides Evans. If Cumberland went to duke I believe he wouldíve went nba early

I love how you don't even name the guy who actually still PLAYS in the NBA. Gary Clark.

Your posts literally get dumber every week.

TheRealMick 04-25-2021 10:01 PM

When jarron was Sr high school or FR in college, Gary Clark wasnít on nba radar. Learn comprehension before you go calling someone dumb. Even if Clark was on nba radar, that was your comeback? One player that went in 2nd to team that had 10 nba or McDonaldís all American

Alum2013 04-25-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealMick (Post 216218)
When jarron was Sr high school or FR in college, Gary Clark wasnít on nba radar. Learn comprehension before you go calling someone dumb. Even if Clark was on nba radar, that was your comeback? One player that went in 2nd to team that had 10 nba or McDonaldís all American

Jarron wasn't an NBA talent when he got here and I for one never thought he had a shot at the NBA. So what's your point about him going to Duke? He was never going to Duke and even if he did it wouldn't have made him magically more athletic to be able to make the league.

Jon Rycek 04-26-2021 10:47 AM

Jarron was a great scorer but he never had the athleticism for the NBA. And like SK he only knew how to be the primary guy. That doesnít transition well into the NBA.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.