View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #26
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
cumberland shooting 48% from 3 has been a big part of the assists. another has been our official scorer has had an extremely loose interpretation for what an assist is.

there was a great article written a few years ago about assists and how the home scorer can have a wide interpretation for what an assist is. (it was written for the nba but the point is still the same).

https://deadspin.com/nba-court-facto...you-1694917271
Yeah, I was going to respond and say a lot of his assists come from Jarron's threes. But, finding an open shooter that's hitting at a high clip is what he should be doing. He has done a better job of getting to the middle of the defense and dishing this year. Last year he never dribbled inside the three point line it seemed and that was my biggest gripe on him because his assists were low and the offense didn't move as a result. And I agree he gets assists on some plays that seem to take a dribble or two before a shot goes up. Theres been a couple plays at home where I notice the assist meter go up on and I'm like, really?. With the hype as a passer he had coming in and watching him when he first stepped on the court here, I really thought we'd have a special passer on our hands with him. Whereas I don't think he doesnt possess that ability, I think he learned early on such aggressive playmaking doesnt suit Mick ball. With all that said, his 6 TO's on the season are impressive no matter how you slice it. Yeah, maybe he doesnt try that questionable alley-oop or drive to make the no look pass as much as fans would like to see (and I whole-heartedly think he can make these plays on the regular on the right team), but I have zero problem with taking care of the ball and making the smart and safe play. For the most part it works and we still have gotten open looks more this year than in any years past. I dont see nowhere near as many forced threes at the buzzer as we have in past years. And when it does happen it's usually when one or more starters are on the bench.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote