Thread: UCF
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 11:17 AM   #8
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
It's going to be interesting down the stretch for UCF being on the bubble. They have by far the hardest schedule left. I think we can go ahead and lock in UC and Houston to the dance. But I am not sure who will finish better between UCF and Temple. Temple has the 3rd easiest schedule remaining. UC has the 2nd toughest but it's nothing near what UCF has.

UC has...

UCF away (toughest game remaining)

Houston home (no lock)
SMU away (without Foster and other issues with McMurray and short bench)
Uconn away (without Adams)
UCF home (should be a win)

Memphis home (should be no problem)

UCF has...

UC away (probable loss)
Houston away (probable loss)

UC home (no lock)
Temple away (no lock)
USF away (no lock)

SMU home (by far the easiest should win)

Temple has...

UCF home (pickem)
Memphis away (tough but doable)
UConn away (without Adams pickem)

Tulsa home (should be easy win)
Tulane home (easy win)

UCF could easily lose 3-4 more games. I would expect Temple to only lose 1 or 2. UC should be in the 1-2 range as well.
UCF's best road this season is @UConn (bonus points for it being a full-strength UConn). They choked down the stretch @Wichita State and got blown out @Memphis. With road games remaining against 4 of the top 5 teams in the league, I don't think they magically improve their form, which bodes well for us tomorrow.

Best case scenario for the league is that the 3 seed in the AAC tournament comes down to the last game of the regular season when UCF visits Temple. This will mean that Temple will have won 3 of their last 4 and UCF likely has beaten SMU and @USF.

If UCF wins that game then I think they'd still have a good chance of making the NCAA tournament and keeping the AAC's hopes of 4 bids alive.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote