Thread: UCF
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 11:18 AM   #9
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I think Nsoseme is tougher on the boards than Brooks. I would like to see Nsoseme get more minutes than he already does. Brooks is a great shot blocker with limited offensive skills as Nsoseme is a great rebounder with limited offensive skills. I think Jarron will cancel out whatever Taylor and Dawkins get and that leaves us with Cane, Jenifer, Keith and Scott vs UCF's other 4 best players. I like our chances with that.
I would like Eliel to play more because of foul trouble in this upcoming game. But in terms of their offensive ability Brooks is at 14.3 points per 40 minutes and Eliel is at 5. So Eliel is extremely limited and Brooks is somewhat limited. In terms of rebounding Eliel pulls down about 1.5 more rebounds per 40 minutes so it's not a huge tradeoff there.

Blocks are at Brooks with 3.0 per 40 minutes and Eleil at 2.2. Brooks is by far the better option especially when you consider Brooks is at 63% from the FT line and Eliel is at 39%. But this is a game where we can probably use Eliel more than in the past.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote