Thread: FC Cincinnati
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
I've been to both home games with my wife and thoroughly enjoyed both of them and already bought tickets for April 30th game.

My take on the Louisville City game differs from yours. Yes for 25 minutes of those first half they played the possession game and did it well. However our midfield is thought to be the best in the league and didn't play up to par. They were able to expose the lack of pace our LB has and that led to all 3 of their goals. They were gift wrapped that 1st goal on an extremely questionable hand ball call. Austin Berry's arm was next to his hip and not extended from his body. By rule it is not intentionally handling the ball and shouldn't result in a penalty.

The other 2 goals like I stated before were a result of our LBs inability to contain the pace of their outside mid. As for the 2nd half, speaking as someone who played the game for 10+ years on a high level, playing against a team with 10 men who also has a lead is extremely tough. They put 9 guys behind the ball, forget about attacking and clog up any space for runs into the box or services sent for headers.

This game boiled down to really two things: the struggles of our LB and our midfields inability to play good balls to Okoli and to support him on the attack.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote