Thread: FC Cincinnati
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #7
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Not sure what all the acronyms are for the soccer leagues, but you impressed me lol. Nice so many former athletes here.

Don't know a lot about soccer, but it seems a little demoralizing that Louisville was leading not sure how many though, but down a man and is able to basically clog the goal and not let us score. Seems kind of like stall ball and less fun?
Lol sorry FOSC is Fairfield Optimus soccer club and CUP is Cincinnati United Premier which is essentially the best players in the city on one team. CUP travels to out of state soccer tournaments every weekend and plays in college and national showcases.

When it comes to playing against a team whose a man down. It's actually not as boring as it would seem because your possessing the ball and trying to score anyway possible. Gives fans and players a sense of anxiety and excitement because anything from a great ball in the box, a shot from outside the 18 yard box or a deflection can cause a goal and you never know when it may happen. Instead of watching probing in the midfield or dump and chase play to the lone striker, the attacking team is within striking distance of goal.

Now from a players point of view, I played striker all my life, it's extremely frustrating because of lack of room on the pitch and the wasted runs you make without receiving through balls.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote