View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 08:48 AM   #31
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I don't even want to look for a new coach soon. Because I think we will find that we aren't nearly as desirable as people think. I mean look at the candidates for the last time UC came open: Frank Martin (who ultimately pulled himself out of the race) and John brannen (who was local, but has just a few years under his belt and no other offers beside us).

The reality is... we just need John Brannen to win. And right the ship next year. Like I do every season, Ill wipe the slate clean and give the new year a start. I only get disgruntled when I see reason to be (and there was plenty).

When UC basketball isn't winning consistently, we aren't a top program. We don't get top kids, we aren't a Jordan or Nike school, we are In an awful league that lost a major brand in UCONN and a major coach in Greg Marshall. Imagine if Kelvin Sampson decides to retire or leave? Then this is on par or maybe worse than the A10.

The more years we lose, the more it seems like this program is on the decline held up by 2 coaches who went on to have success at other schools.

Because if the UC job was open when Nate Oates and Mussleman were still on the market, Im confident they wouldn't have chosen cincinnati.

we are a few bad years away from being full blow mid major.

So I just want to John to win and win quickly. Because firing him is even an bigger gamble with a even smaller group of people who'd be good and be willing to come coach here.

TLDR; We aint the high major we think we are.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote